VS Auto to Manual PCM Hardware Conversion

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
V1704

VS Auto to Manual PCM Hardware Conversion

Post by V1704 »

Hey guys, been lurking the forums for a while now, but only just signed up.

I'm planning on putting an l67 out of a vs series 2 statesman into a vc commodore (and putting a T5 manual behind it), and am up to planning the computer side of things.
I've read up a little on the physical differences (or lack of hardware, however you would like to see it) between the vs auto pcm and vs manual pcm, but don't feel confident in making the changes to my auto pcm myself.
Is there anyone who still actively changes these for other people? A lot of the threads I've found are several years old. I'd also be interested in having my memcal tuned to remove VATS and add manual flags while going about it.

If this is in the wrong area, please let me know.

Thank you,
V
V1704

Re: VS Auto to Manual PCM Hardware Conversion

Post by V1704 »

Bump.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

The VS L67 auto PCM will run both transmissions.
Just re work your engine loom to suit the manual trans and update you calibration to suit.
V1704

Post by V1704 »

Isn't it the VT pcm that accepts both? Don't I have to change the board like so with the VS pcm?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1377&start=40#p15740
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

VS Ecotec came in manual. Same PCM as L67.
You haven't stated what trans or speed signal type you're running.
If you're running a Hall Effect signal I still believe the Ecotec PCM will take both. There's a thread on here about this.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Some ecus have the t5 bits some don't there was a list online of serial numbers thAt are on the barcode stuck on the ecu plug that had t5 internals
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
V1704

Post by V1704 »

Hey, sorry, I've posted similar questions on a few sites so I forget what info I have and haven't posted.

It's a the factory pcm to match the series 2 vs l67 (pink plug barcode starts with 33806L), so according to this site it should only have the hardware to accept the auto signal?:
http://www.kalmaker.com.au/phpbb3/viewt ... ?f=4&t=800

Behind it I'm putting a T5 manual box and having a new speedo cable made to have vss output and a mechanical cable output. I've been told merely changing the tune won't be enough with my pcm, since the computer will still think it's auto (if I use a sine wave generator for the output)>, so I should use a hall effect signal generator and have my pcm modified?

I want to retain the factory vc speedo, so I'm trying to work out what the best way to match up the T5 transmission, and get the memcal tuned, etc.

If I've missed anything or more info is needed let me know please.

Thanks
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Open it up and see if the parts are installed .. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=501&p=6023&hilit=728#p6018
Need to add these if not .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewt ... 740#p15740
The1

Post by The1 »

i may still have a auto one modded to T5 here if someone is after one.
V1704

Post by V1704 »

Righteo, thanks for all the replies guys and sorry for the slow one. Finally got down to the shed today and popped the ecu apart. Judging by this pic and the links you've supplied it looks like I've actually got the bits on the board I need for a the manual input, yes?
So I should only need to tune my memcal to delete VATS and check the manual flags yes? If I get this done will I need to get a Hall Effect signal generator? Or will the computer be okay with a sine wave VSS and manual flags checked? I've been told it chucks a hissy fit doing this.

Thanks all, if I've missed anything please let me know.
Attachments
DSC_0032.jpg