Vs turbo Programming needed

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
LSV MALOUF
cars: Vs Ecotec turbo ute and Vl bt1 rb30/25 and r50 vg33et pathfinder and a cox compact tractor with a 25 series Briggs and m24 turbo and ISO carby

Vs turbo Programming needed

Post by LSV MALOUF »

Hi guys I'm in the need for a eeprom/ software I'm not a tech head just a mechanic but I am willing to learn, it's a 98 vs ute 4l60e l36 rear turbo, I've had a pretty good run tuning it mechanically up to 20 psi but I am building a tough motor for it with a few more rpms needed, plenty have told me that I need a map sensor to go past 15psi but run 20 daily now my main issue is I need to raise rpms and would be a luxury to tickle the timing,I feel that my maf might have to go ,I'd also like to go from 36lb injectors to 65lb or bigger on the new motor as it will get a second gtx3582r at the back and a cam to suit , afrs and reliability/drivability have been great so far I'm using a home modded 4:1 rising rate reg and idle maf bypass to make it work,its crude but also verry good but I would like to be able to drop duty cycle and have a higher base pressure
delcowizzid

Re: Vs turbo Programming needed

Post by delcowizzid »

36lb injectors only do about 8psi before they are maxed
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
LSV MALOUF
cars: Vs Ecotec turbo ute and Vl bt1 rb30/25 and r50 vg33et pathfinder and a cox compact tractor with a 25 series Briggs and m24 turbo and ISO carby

Post by LSV MALOUF »

Well they are stock ls1 injectors i think genuine early Bosch too I was told they are 36lb,and something to consider is I am using a 4:1 reg and up to 100 psi fuel pressure using compound fuel pump system it has steady afrs at 20psi and I am trapping 120mph! Stock cam/ecu it is off the speedo under 14 secs so no doubt that standard fuel pressure would see only 8psi boost and knock off injectors often can't handle that much fuel pressure either
The1

Post by The1 »

stock LS1 injectors are either 26LB Bosch 0280155931 or 24LB Bosch 0280155890, You wouldn't even been running boost on those.

L67 injectors are 36LB 0280155737 with metal oring groove or 0280155868 with plastic oring tip grove. Those would be good for about 10psi on a turbo.

Im not sure on their output at 100psi but injectors only flow so much, for 20psi id bet you'd need double the out put the L67 injectors, im not sure you even come close at 100psi.

You can look at enhanced mod, plenty of reading there for tuning.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518
LSV MALOUF

Post by LSV MALOUF »

So maybe the bone stock vx ss the injectors came out of are l67 injectors? I'm not asking if what I am using works or not I've been driving it boosted since 2017! its best pass with .63 t3/4 was 12.7@113 it now runs 13s @120mph on 205s with .82/.81 trim turbine I daily drive it and travel 1000km a week at least with it running15 to 20psi and no knock retard using 98pump fuel with occasional booster for above 25/30psi when mechanical boost reference 7th injector opens up but it lights up all 3rd gear and is not safe for grip and it's pretty much a grenade at that point! I've popped 8 motors now lol, I'm putting trans brake and 3000 rpm stall in now with more port and chamber work and ss valves and forged rods I've also got an l67 memcal from mace no real time tuning but its programmable at least but it runs lean with these injectors so these don't flow as much as l67 injectors I believe
LSV MALOUF

Post by LSV MALOUF »

The original l36 injectors only made it to 6psi before the gave me trouble :wall:
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I've popped 8 motors now lol,
You've had it like this for 3 years and 8 engines tells me there is a serious problem with the tuning. Best take the advice given seriously.
LSV MALOUF

Post by LSV MALOUF »

The failures have been oil system or bearing failure,or piston failure due to contact with intake valve when high km stock valve springs were used and bouncing off rev limiter that happened 3 times! the first engine suffered a couple of lean outs due to faulty fuel pump relay wiring dropping current to the pump's,and I had a pump fail causing a lean run with stock ring gap to pop a crown off,otherwise as far as needing a tune on this set up only small gains to be had vs time spent as it's still stock cam! my tune will be needed with the new cam and 7500rpm expected in the next engine.btw it only takes me 2 hrs and a few gaskets to swap pistons and since my last build I've done some hard tested kms with no issues the biggest factor now being equipped with 130 lb springs, double chain, reliable fuel pumps ect it's Very solid with no issues with tune at all I can go wot for huge distances out here , I would like to tweak the timing a lil maybe even add a few rpm but otherwise it does 120mph over the 1/4 after a pedal fest launch and has real fuel economy if kept off boost only.as far as relying on advice I've been waiting months for some to use but it's led be to believe that haltec is what's needed for real tuning
LSV MALOUF

Post by LSV MALOUF »

How many people get to test top gear and limiter daily? Real load real speed real air it's a bit different to the odd strip pass or dyno runs that I used to deal with in the city!I've learnt a few tricks to say the least Having done over 100 1/4 runs and around 30 1/2 mile runs this year alone on this factory tune it doesn't melt plugs or ping and it's got more poke than a lot of tuned cars around
LSV MALOUF

Post by LSV MALOUF »

Don't mean to say any advice given so far is wrong the knowledge on here is as good as it gets! Especially for tuning these things,typically my setup just wouldn't be viable as the time spent mechanically tuning and custom hardware to make it all work by far would out cost a real tune but it's been my purpose so far to go as fast as the factory components will let me,every pay I'm adding to it and have already gone past it's expected limitations,I'd like to go the next step cam,1:1reg and injectors then tune but it still has a lil more to go on this setup as 3k stall and trans brake are coming I need to give a few runs as is will be hunting high 11s hopefully! we'll see when the converter gets here