Want a tutorial to modify my car

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
Cuongcoco

Want a tutorial to modify my car

Post by Cuongcoco »

Hi everybody
i'm new, i want to learn turnpro RT form begin . I Want modify my car by myself. please help me. i will paid if need.
my car is chevrolet captiva diesel 2.0 2009. thank you very much
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Want a tutorial to modify my car

Post by antus »

Thanks for joining. I think its reasonably unlikely that you'll find much information on that model here - but here is some general advice that might put you on the right path. First of all find out what sort of computer is in the car, it might be something like a service number, hardware number, or operating system id (OSID). Physically take a look at the computer and google the numbers on it until the results start looking right. Then find out what software and methods people are using to read and write the car. It might not be tunerpro. That should lead you to communities where people can help you more. If you do find information please post it back here too for others who come here from google. Depending what you find out, post the information here and that'll help others give you better answers.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I have a later turbo diesel captiva thats 2.2L & the engine uses a DCM3.7 & the transmission is a T76 controller.

I have started mapping out my engine controller with TunerPro but I've not worried about doing anything with the transmission as I've been told they're very unreliable even in stock ford, I've even noticed with ours in low use for it's age the transmission already feels like it's shuddering/juttering on easy take off sometimes.
Cuongcoco

Post by Cuongcoco »

antus wrote:Thanks for joining. I think its reasonably unlikely that you'll find much information on that model here - but here is some general advice that might put you on the right path. First of all find out what sort of computer is in the car, it might be something like a service number, hardware number, or operating system id (OSID). Physically take a look at the computer and google the numbers on it until the results start looking right. Then find out what software and methods people are using to read and write the car. It might not be tunerpro. That should lead you to communities where people can help you more. If you do find information please post it back here too for others who come here from google. Depending what you find out, post the information here and that'll help others give you better answers.
thank you for your answer , i will search my car information as detailed as possible, and post it again on this threath. I hope you can continue to answer my next questions. thank you very much
Cuongcoco

Post by Cuongcoco »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:I have a later turbo diesel captiva thats 2.2L & the engine uses a DCM3.7 & the transmission is a T76 controller.

I have started mapping out my engine controller with TunerPro but I've not worried about doing anything with the transmission as I've been told they're very unreliable even in stock ford, I've even noticed with ours in low use for it's age the transmission already feels like it's shuddering/juttering on easy take off sometimes.
thank you, because i 'm a newbie, i just want modify a some little and simple paramater like Cruise Control begin Speed, turn signal times when momentary switch turn...
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm not sure what you mean by cruise control begin speed(I think ours can be enabled only from 40Kmh) but I don't think thats editable in ECM or TCM it would be more like a body control function.
I'm also not sure what you mean by turn signal times(the clicking noise speed or staying on if lightly touched for longer?) either of these things I believe would be the same thing in BCM maybe.
Cuongcoco

Post by Cuongcoco »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by cruise control begin speed(I think ours can be enabled only from 40Kmh) but I don't think thats editable in ECM or TCM it would be more like a body control function.
I'm also not sure what you mean by turn signal times(the clicking noise speed or staying on if lightly touched for longer?) either of these things I believe would be the same thing in BCM maybe.
yes, i mean cruise control begin speed is 40km/h, i wish it can lower about 20 km/h .
and turn signal time mean, when you just put the turn switch down(or up )but not latched, the turn signal light will flash 3 times, now i wish is will flash 6 times. it very useful when you only need to change car lane, you just lightly put turn switch and it flash 6 times have enough time to change lane car