VR Engine Loom

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
davidthiele
cars: Turbod 1972 VW Beetle with very modified suspension and brakes, Transit van getting a VY V6 conversion

VR Engine Loom

Post by davidthiele »

Hi there, chasing a VR engine loom so I can practice programing a VR ECM. So it will be used for bench testing to start with and then later on, if all goes well, I will convert the loom to run a turbocharged 1915cc VW Superbug.

Also after the ECM plugs to suit the VY computer. That engine is going into a Transit van with a modified loom (Castlemaine Rod Shop). I would like to bench test this ECM as well.

I live in Tasmania.

Cheers
David
delcowizzid

Re: VR Engine Loom

Post by delcowizzid »

Vr manual loom is pretty much identical to a vn loom it's just missing the 8192 baud aldl output wire to the diagnostic plug and the speed sensor comes through the floor on vn and up into the engine bay on vr
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
davidthiele
cars: Turbod 1972 VW Beetle with very modified suspension and brakes, Transit van getting a VY V6 conversion

Re: VR Engine Loom

Post by davidthiele »

Thanks for that info. Might help me locate a suitable loom.
Cheers