Need someone to program a 8pin eeprom desolder/solder

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
DethRattles
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Re: Need someone to program a 8pin eeprom desolder/solder

Post by DethRattles »

kur4o wrote:Actually it can be done. I have changed vin and options on 2002 w-body v6 bcm, I am almost sure they are very similar.
Than you will need vats relearn with key on key off for 3x10mins.
N body and i read that dealerships could only install virgin bcms. So how'd you do it? Tech2win wants to reset as soon as i try to unlock the doors. It just doesn't want to communicate. There's a few youtube videos that show them desoldering and reading the chip and programming it that way. Or swapping the chips because they say something is stopping them from being read on the board, that or flashing.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

There is some custom hacks to make it work, instead of getting a new virgin unit.

If you want we can give it a try.

By the pictures the unit looks identical to the w-body bcm, so chances it will work are good.
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

kur4o wrote:There is some custom hacks to make it work, instead of getting a new virgin unit.

If you want we can give it a try.

By the pictures the unit looks identical to the w-body bcm, so chances it will work are good.
We can give it a shot, When did you learn to do this? And what exactly does it do?
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I had a bad unit laying around and start doing some tests with it. With some experiments, managed to change various stuff.

You will need to run some scripts on both units with universal patcher, Are you familiar with it. It doesn`t matter on bench or in car.
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

kur4o wrote:I had a bad unit laying around and start doing some tests with it. With some experiments, managed to change various stuff.

You will need to run some scripts on both units with universal patcher, Are you familiar with it. It doesn`t matter on bench or in car.
I'm a beginner with universal patcher, I can make my way around it. I had no idea that it was possible to run scripts. I'm not really surprised that these dealerships were telling people that they needed a virgin bcm. The Grand am's also had a technical bulletin that a piece of foam was needed under the windshield cowl because rain would come in and ruin the bcm. My connections were corroded tot he point that a pin actually fell right off. I did have the connectors dipped in vinegar and salt and then used baking soda to neutralize everything. It's a possibility that the connectors are the issue but my old bcm that i had to replace that pin with a soldered in wire worked to unlock the doors through tech2win. It could be a problem with tech2 win also. i just want to make sure that these scripts won't harm the bcm. Its working in the car its just the tech2win not communication with it. Tech2 win just freaks out and starts doing the initial screen before the enter screen with all the pass pass pass pass etc. Not sure if you're familiar with tech2.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

The one I had behaved weird to the point it started spamming the bus in unusual way, lost communication. I run the scripts[itsend messages in a loopwith extrenal configuration rather than hardcoding it in the program] on the test bcm and it is still alive and did much more than you can imagine. If you want to experiment I suggest you hook up a test bench, Since we will need to get data from old one and transfer it to new one. If we can`t read old one will be a problem.

The one you have could be bad ground or power issues. Does the engine starts with the bad one or t2 communicates with it. Can you connect new one to t2 and read data from it.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

DethRattles wrote:Tech2 win just freaks out and starts doing the initial screen before the enter screen with all the pass pass pass pass etc. Not sure if you're familiar with tech2.
So it doesn't even get to the point where you would select the car and model year? It freaks out when its connected and tech2 app doesnt even start up properly? Do you get to the point you can pick the car if its not connected to anything? It could be a bad copy of the bin and the problem is there.

Corrosion is hard to fix reliably without replacing the connector.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

antus wrote:
DethRattles wrote:Tech2 win just freaks out and starts doing the initial screen before the enter screen with all the pass pass pass pass etc. Not sure if you're familiar with tech2.
So it doesn't even get to the point where you would select the car and model year? It freaks out when its connected and tech2 app doesnt even start up properly? Do you get to the point you can pick the car if its not connected to anything? It could be a bad copy of the bin and the problem is there.

Corrosion is hard to fix reliably without replacing the connector.
I can choose the vehicle and get the engine to do things through the pcm. Like turn on the radiator fans, things the bcm doesn't control. It's when i choose to unlock the doors is when it reverts back to the beginning of tech2. It was working before with my old bcm, Same tech2win. I did reinstall tech2 win but now have it on two operating sytems on two drives and they both do the same. I just have that feeling that the SE bcm doesnt want to cooperate through the pcm via tech2win. I could be wrong though. My corrosioned bcm would pop the trunk lock and not let the doors lock, this SE bcm fixed all of the issues i was having.
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

kur4o wrote:The one I had behaved weird to the point it started spamming the bus in unusual way, lost communication. I run the scripts[itsend messages in a loopwith extrenal configuration rather than hardcoding it in the program] on the test bcm and it is still alive and did much more than you can imagine. If you want to experiment I suggest you hook up a test bench, Since we will need to get data from old one and transfer it to new one. If we can`t read old one will be a problem.

The one you have could be bad ground or power issues. Does the engine starts with the bad one or t2 communicates with it. Can you connect new one to t2 and read data from it.
I'm going to have to hook the tech2win back up to it once more and see what kind of information i can receive from the bcm. I suspect none. The vats are off since i'm using a gt pcm with SE bcm. I'm unsure about running a test bench configuration since i'm not sure how involved that is. I'm thinking obd2 port, pcm, and bcm all wired? hopefully i'm just overthinking it. Engine started with the bad bcm, doors wouldn't unlock and trunk would pop automatically when the battery was plugged in.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

It is time to bite the bullet. ANyway it won`t get worse than this.

Run this script and save results to a .rtf file.
From universal patcher->utilities->logger
settings tab->select device->connect vpw->vpw console->check 'enable vpw console',uncheck 'buffered', check 'screen'->upload script button-> select the attached file-> save,copy log to .rtf file
Attachments
3c_read.txt
(387 Bytes) Downloaded 60 times