VZ ABS Module Programming Issue

For non EFI mechanical discussion
OldSkoolGP
cars: 2006 VZ Pontiac GTO, 2005 VZ Holden Crewman SSZ

VZ ABS Module Programming Issue

Post by OldSkoolGP »

Hopefully this is the right section for this question.

With the successful conversion of my GTO to run on an E38 computer, the only thing that remains for me to fix is to get my ABS/TC module working with the E38 properly. The solution seems simple but I've been unable to accomplish it as of yet. I made a brief video demonstrating the problem, and I'm hoping someone on here will know the solution.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCdLK1fyqiQ[/youtube]
gmtech825

Re: VZ ABS Module Programming Issue

Post by gmtech825 »

have you tried it on the bench?

also, that high voltage DTC may be the problem. It wouldn't surprise me if it won't allow programming with voltage DTC's set.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

The only suggestion that comes to mind(after trying gmtech825's suggestions) as I have never seen this or done this exact scenario is to see if you can find an actual tech2 as I have had issues with some of the older functions with saab before where tech2win would fail but an actual tech2 would work. Programming fobs,keys,etc.. buttons would kick back a fail instantly with tech2win, with a tech2 it would actually do something.
OldSkoolGP

Post by OldSkoolGP »

The only suggestion that comes to mind(after trying gmtech825's suggestions) as I have never seen this or done this exact scenario is to see if you can find an actual tech2 as I have had issues with some of the older functions with saab before where tech2win would fail but an actual tech2 would work. Programming fobs,keys,etc.. buttons would kick back a fail instantly with tech2win, with a tech2 it would actually do something.
I have a friend with one and I need to convince him to try this on a spare module for me.
also, that high voltage DTC may be the problem. It wouldn't surprise me if it won't allow programming with voltage DTC's set.
That was an historic code on that particular module. My original module does not have that code but returns the same result.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

OldSkoolGP wrote:Hopefully this is the right section for this question.

With the successful conversion of my GTO to run on an E38 computer, the only thing that remains for me to fix is to get my ABS/TC module working with the E38 properly. The solution seems simple but I've been unable to accomplish it as of yet. I made a brief video demonstrating the problem, and I'm hoping someone on here will know the solution.
If you don't change any settings and click program, does it succeed?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
OldSkoolGP

Post by OldSkoolGP »

Didn't try that yet.