4L60E Complete Rebuild

For non EFI mechanical discussion
The1

Re: 4L60E Complete Rebuild

Post by The1 »

id like eventually to remove engine code and run a delco ecu as trans only, piggy off tps and vss. Charlay86 had interest in doing the code for that to
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

the arduino is quite capable of doing that as well.... there is 2 spare interrrupts to count rpm and VSS, and a spare analog input for the tps. my code at the moment is pretty simple, just sequencing through the gears, but once ive confirmed it working, there is no reason I cant add a full auto mode, with shifting tables and even serial logging.....

for now tho, the 2nd stage after my test on a real car this week will be to add the range switches and the ability to use the stick posisiton to determine the current gear, with the option of over riding via the sterring wheel switches.

but ill have to make my own thread about that, going too deep into it is a major thread hijack :P
The1

Post by The1 »

good work mate, keep us posted.
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

I plan on using some of the PCM's "spare" digital inputs for forcing shift points, but it will mean sacrificing some of the existing tables.
So I will probably alter the "power" shift pattern to be full manual with external shift inputs, so that it is possible to calibrate timing and pressures etc.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I spose for you, using the existing auto pcm and code as a base, most of the really complicated smooth shifting and safety code is already done, a big headstart compared to the arduino, where I have to write it all myself and definitely wont be as complex and well done as the GM code. not to mention that an auto pcm probably costs a lot less than an arduino and custom pcb for my solenoid drivers :P
dbrickz
cars: Charged vg commo
Second owner vp sleeper
1968 Toyota corona s1 shiftkited v6 burnout rocket cooks ride 2012 e3 r8 clubby

Post by dbrickz »

Has any1 looked into the ezi shift. Tci... I have put one in a freinds vtss... He wanted to run a haltech...cause hes pockets are better of than most... Anyway its a stand alone trans control... With the option of paddle /button shift ...is also able to customise all up down shift points ...max line pressure on shift points ...good stuff but have to order from states?
The1

Post by The1 »

Been a long while, but it is finished now, just need some time to get it installed. Have a few hundred photos to go through and update the build post to completion.
Attachments
IMG_8971.JPG
IMG_8971.JPG (352.8 KiB) Viewed 6582 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice, gotta be happy its finally done :)
The1

Post by The1 »

as long as it works :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I know the feeling im on the same journey with my trimatic :) cept i'm expecting mine to handle a lot more than its supposed to!!