V6 cam specs.

For non EFI mechanical discussion
'quipt4it

Re: V6 cam specs.

Post by 'quipt4it »

Don't know if this will help, but C.O.M.E no longer do camshafts.
Also, I had an ordinary experience with Tighe, so I wouldn't recommend...This has also been said on 'other' forums.
YMMV
Maybe people could contribute with other sources, ie Waggot, Surecam etc, not necessarily just specs?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

This is just a spec listing, doesn't matter who makes what or who's around anymore, you can get any spec cam made these days if you given them the numbers.

The listing is there to help people understand common specs and help choose one based on the info there.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

vlad01 wrote:This is just a spec listing, doesn't matter who makes what or who's around anymore, you can get any spec cam made these days if you given them the numbers.

The listing is there to help people understand common specs and help choose one based on the info there.
Can you tell me who does a cam without a 'master'
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Clive.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

He has a C.N.C machine?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

No idea, I've only ever ordered over the phone. If you want a complete custom cam based one a profile he doesn't have then he can still do it, just cost you about $900. But 95% of the time he will have a profile to suit and can grid that at any timing relation you want.

When I custom designed my cam in software, he happen to already have the exact profile so it only cost me $495 for a billet cam to my specs.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Just a heads up guys, Clive Cams is selling their business soon and they are super busy atm. 7 week lead time I was told.

I would have any cams you want ordered before the change of hands just in case something happens or their existing profiles are scrubbed.

I just put in an order for a Formula Holden cam to suit VP-VR and stash it until I need it.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Lot of that going around atm. My business just shut it's door today, found out.... today.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

As far as he told me, he is just retiring and selling the business. I expect them to keep making cams but no one can guarantee what will happen after the owner sells it.