VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Manual Drift Hack
VY L67 Calais
N80 Toyota Hilux
VX Stocker Farm Hack
FG XR6 Turbo

Re: V6 heads, differences.

Post by Rhysk94 »

immortality wrote:It's a shame they don't fit our engines.
What stops them from bolting up?
Rhysk94
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Manual Drift Hack
VY L67 Calais
N80 Toyota Hilux
VX Stocker Farm Hack
FG XR6 Turbo

Post by Rhysk94 »

delcowizzid wrote:google image stage 2 buick heads for big bad boy heads LOL look at them intake runners LOL
Would they work with our engines?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I looked at this before. It may be possible to fit the TA heads to a VN-VR block with custom MLS gaskets to adapt the different shaped coolant passages. Bolt up is not the issue but the lifter locations being different might mean the pushrod holes in the head might not line up enough for the pushrods not to foul up or run at weird angles.

That could be fixed with custom offset lifters and custom offset rocker arms. It would a shit ton of work and $$ and then there is the manifold issue with the commodore accessories, like the alternator etc... Verse the front of the GN/TA manifold and it's thermostat location. Again, probably possible but damn it's a lot of work.

It's easier to pick up a mid 80s Buick block that has the GM metric 60 bellhousing pattern so it bolts up with our transmissions and has the Commodore starter location and direct bolt on starter from the Commodore. Then you should be able to run all the aftermarket and factory stage II GN stuff. And I believe you can bolt a Dellow VN auto crank to manual flywheel straight to it if those that want to run a T5.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.