jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Re: T5 shifter?

Post by jenko »

VK_3800 wrote: Like many things Commodore they get a bad reputation simply because the cars have done so many kms without any maintenance and they're worn out.
I think this holds true for a lot of cars
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you can easily make your own short throw shifter with stock parts just by extending the ball on the end by an inch and adding an inch spacer under the plate :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
slewinson
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

delcowizzid wrote:you can easily make your own short throw shifter with stock parts just by extending the ball on the end by an inch and adding an inch spacer under the plate :D
And if my geometry is correct the stops will also need to be modified to prevent overtravelling.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Thats the thing, I don't really want a short throw shifter, I just have make a choice on one as I can't buy new standard shifters. They are not available as a spare part.

Ideally I want a quality shifter that is closest to stock. So far the pro billet fits the criteria the best.

Quality
lever remains stock height
stock boots fit
relatively low profile

I don't know what the throw is like, each after market one would have different throws.
Apparently the short throw hurst is almost like the stock throw the UK guys have on the ford cosworth. But for a mustang its very short.

Ideally I want the throw to be close tot stock or at least not over the top as thats the cause of most issues on the T5 with these shifter.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

What's wrong with your stock one ? I'm with you on the short ones, hate them, it's just the cool thing though so there popular
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

the Billet shifter does improve the 2-3 shift which is why I bought it. I missed that shift a couple of times when playing with my G-tech :(
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I sometimes get stuck going into 3rd. it catches on the shift plate guide pointy bits. Like getting stuck between 1st and 3rd.

On my box I noticed the points were worn flat so I'm hoping they have some spares I can get it replaced with.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

did we get a conclusion on whether the stock rubber boot fits on the CUBE shifter?
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

ejukated wrote:did we get a conclusion on whether the stock rubber boot fits on the CUBE shifter?
I recently picked up a complete V6 T5 box & bellhousing which has a Cube Shifter on it as a bonus for $250.

I tried to fit the stock rubber boot & it didn't even come close to fitting.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

wow nice score! Ive fitted the CUBE to mine, feels nice, going to swap to the stronger springs though as I prefer that feel. Having trouble locating nice gearknobs with the M12 x 1.75 thread though. Should have researched properly and asked for them to ship a different thread with the shifter. That thread is stock holden but most M12 are 1.25 pitch for gearknobs