big boys T5 options for the V6.

For non EFI mechanical discussion
Xnke

Re: big boys T5 options for the V6.

Post by Xnke »

You must have some odd V6 shafts...My T5 is a GM 60* V6 and other than the spline count, it's the same as a V8 input shaft...the L28 Nissan T5 has the same length input shaft, but different pilot and spline count, the ford I4 uses the same length and pilot, but different spline as the Nissan...

here in the US there are two major divisions of T5, Ford pattern and Chev pattern...If it ain't a chev, it's got the ford pattern box in it.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Apart from the main case, general hardware and main shaft and input shaft tooth profile and count being the same as 3.35 ratio boxes they are a complete custom creation.

Even the gears with same ratio and tooth count from other unrelated gear sets don't match due to the profile being different.
Just to make it a bitch none of the holden v6 gears have part numbers either. For my box I opted for a mustang 068 gear set and used my input shaft as mentioned the input shaft tooth count and profile at least there matches to a global standard in T5s

But luckily we do have a drop in option of a replacement get set for the v6 and its from one of the top gear makers in the world to boot.

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?productid=34
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Image

how are they measuring the shaft? 9 1/4" is standard US for mustang boxes. Holden V6 is 11 5/8"
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

That's likely to be from the front face of the box, could even be just the bell housing length rather than input shaft