Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

For non EFI mechanical discussion
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: FX Holden Race Car Project

Post by Dylan »

Last one's I brought reco were a company called CardoneA1 or similair. They list by part number not by model.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Dylan wrote:I'll look them up tonight I have the part numbers on my PC. Think it was 86 corvette. I have the IRS HSV caliper bracket at home I'd part with for the right price. Got the front twin piston part numbers too but they're easy to pick.
So am I reading that we only need the caliper mounting brackets to use with the existing caliper and new vented rotor?

I have the VT type calipers and T3 rotors for the front with a VT style booster and MC to make it all work.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

those finned ones have a bigger piston bit over 40mm where stock holden is 38.1mm
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

And can take the finned rotor too
immortality

Post by immortality »

I don't think the issue is the braking power of the rear brakes but more that they overheat. I'd like to get a vented rotor on the rear and what ever caliper suits.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

That's this set up. Brakes can get very confusing I seen your post earlier. Tell me what you have and what you want in a post and I'll set you straight.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Sitting in the garage I have VT style calipers with QFM pads, T3 4000 series DBA rotors and Safebrake steel braided lines, VX booster and MC with appropriate bracket, just need to sort out the rears and then bolt it all on.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

basically got all the same bits and also need something for the rear.

I was looking at this before and I can't work out how the handbrake will work? I messaged they guy asking how it works.

I would be interested in just the brackets and sort the rest out myself provided nothing major has to be done for the rotors.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/315mm-REAR-B ... 210cfda14c
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

immortality

Post by immortality »

Yes, upgrading to the VT rear brakes was the other option I was considering. My only major consideration is that I want to be able to fit a 15" rim on the rear.