antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Vlads Braking Thread Hijack

Post by antus »

Just to hijack a hijack, the protec JB1466 isuzu light truck 1" master fits the TX gemini booster which is remote reservoir and the 1" bore was needed when I did that VT brake conversion.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VL400 wrote:I have the plastic VS V6 booster, with no spacer, and a VT master. There is an adjustment screw on the rod of the booster, use a plug instead and you get the ~6mm needed. Some later masters (think it was VZ, but not 100% sure as it was awhile ago I did the brake upgrade) were different so might need to be checked out.

A VT master needs the VS plastic reservoir (or a Falcon of the same era, they are the same) if you want the fluid to sit level on early cars.

A VT booster wont fit the firewall of pre VT, you would need to make up a bracket.

I see there are kit already.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COMMODORE-BR ... 4891be475f

otherwise to fit VT MC on earlier booster all you need is the spacer?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

There is also another guy on ebay selling the same setup for about $2-300 less. All they do is fit a new bracket to the firewall side and the line adaptors so it will bolt up to the earlier models. Not sure how ADR or NCOP compliant they are but everything I have heard says it's the way to go.

The Race Brakes Sydney website shows the spacer for VT MC to VS booster http://www.racebrakessydney.com.au/coll ... der-spacer
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The ones I linked are quite expensive bu I guess its coz they are fully reco'd as well as modified.

on the subject of pedal feel. My VP S has the factory 1" MC and tandem booster. I dislike the feel of the 1" in it, way to hard for my liking as I like some give in the pedal to give tactical feedback, very useful on non abs systems.

With VT calipers it should feel the same as stock 15/16" I would imagine.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

VT booster and master felt awesome in my car firm but still had feedback it had ABS if it makes any difference.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Hey guys does anyone one know what rear calipers were on the vn group a? Dba make a set of rear vented discs for the live axle Commodores but obviously thicker to accomodate the vents just wondering if anyone has a part number or if it's possibly off another car such as the corvettes or some thing would like something with a little better cooling than the solids
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if I didn't know any better it probably uses a front caliper on the rear :)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

No it's the corvette c4 84 to 87 rear calipers mentioned in this thread already and FYI the corvette ones were made here in Australia just none were stocked here in volume.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Did they make a different backing plate for the mounting because the corvette calipers seem to use the same as the irs mounts which are closer together and bolt through not to the caliper
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

no, same same. just fined caliper, 40mm piston iirc and bracket is wider for the wider disks.