cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

SRS module - under console

Post by psyolent »

Howdy

For those of you more learned than I ; when the ABS system deploys in a vehicle, does the module under the console fault/blow as well? or is it only the airbags, clock spring etc which die?

Thoughts/advice appreciated :)
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Re: SRS module - under console

Post by pman92 »

Realistically it's only the individual airbags or pretenioners that have deployed that need to be replaced, BUT I believe it's required to replace the module as well. Not because there's probably anything wrong with it, but because they usually store a PID to say if they have deployed or not and will probably throw a code continuously and refuse to function afterwards.
Someone may know for sure but I believe most smash repairers buy a kit which includes module, all airbags and pretensioners and replace the whole system.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

The SRS module becomes redundant after a deployment, it does store a hard fault code to say that there has been a deployment, I believe that this is done by the manufacturer due to the high currents that are involved during deployment, these currents often damage the airbag wiring and i would assume the SRS module deployment driver circuits. Hard to guarantee the module would work perfectly again...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

thanks guys - appreciated. I do believe Tazzi' software said it was showing as being deployed IIRC.
did note that the VIN and the like were in the module too.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.