Early VE V6 electrical faults

For non EFI mechanical discussion
VX L67 Getrag

Early VE V6 electrical faults

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Not sure if many people have had this issue but been told it could be a common fault.

A couple of months ago I had a 2006 come in with eng light & was just the IAT sensor fault which is part of the MAF, I cleared it & then a month after it then it started to have MAF performance range faults...

The other thing that was weird was intermittently it was throwing stability control warning....

Turns out there are 2 main electrical harness's under the engine bay fuse/relay panel that get secured by bolts coming through & to fix the issue at this stage all I did was bend female terminals in a bit on wiring harness end & seems to have fixed it at this early stage.

But there must be a correct way to fix without having to replace the entire wiring harness & with this car in particular I have serviced it for it's life & know this has never been removed so why has it even got a connection issue as it shouldn't have worn out if not moved.

If anyone has seen or knows more about this it would be good to hear.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Early VE V6 electrical faults

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I may have come across another 1 of these yesterday, has anyone else come across it & have a better fix other then tweaking terminal pins?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I had an oil pressure switch cause something simlar, shorting the 5V signal
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

That was in the main 2 connector blocks with 10mm headed bolts connection issue under the engine bay fuse/relay panel?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

No, the 5v signal from the PCM is shared by several sensors, I had a car with an oil pressure sensor that was randomly shorting internally, distorting the 5v...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...