Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???

For non EFI mechanical discussion
Gareth

Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???

Post by Gareth »

As per the title, anyone know who makes a tie bar, short travel, hyrolic roller lifter to suit ecotec lifter bore spacing? According to guys like this - http://www.proflowfab.com/engine/boost-ready-ecotec-v6/ they exist but I've had no luck in finding any, they mention lunati/morel lifters. According to their catalogues, they don't exist for the ecotec V6?...

Any ideas?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???

Post by vlad01 »

Had this same problem, seen posts and pics of them and said makes, but they don't list them anywhere. And obviously they also sent you the wrong ones.

I personally have been trying to get onto Johnson lifters but have been unable to get in contact. They do all the variations of whats needed and better quality but just need a custom tie bar, which they state to do custom sets of any kind.

What I reckon you need is the reduced or race travel SBC hydraulic with 0.300" taller to suit roller block but just with longer tie bars.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Worst case you could buy these and get that custom spider from sicsix and call it done?

https://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hyd ... 2110R.aspx

My only concern is uncovering the gallery as the lifter is less shrouded than OEM. Does state it suits all Buick V6 with OEM roller cam.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

https://m.facebook.com/MAXIMUMEFFORTRAC ... /?mt_nav=1 he does some serious shaft mount rockers too billet main caps all the gear .but if you call any supplier you can get them just ls1 lifters with the correct length bars fitted
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Morel 5290 just have to check clearance of the tie bar when mocking them up and are short travel so need careful pteload adjustment
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

It's the part number that some of the high up v6 ecotec turbo boys run
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

From what little info I could find on the LS I think they have lifter centers at 1.827" where the ecotec is 1.77" so close enough it should work.

I not sure on using morel lifters now as they changed the design not long ago, in the last 18 months supposedly where they use axles that are just clipped in with a c clip instead of peened over axles, so there is tons of failures with the clips wearing and then falling out due to the full floating axles rubbing against the clips.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

It's the part number that some of the high up v6 ecotec turbo boys run
I came up with LS also, but was only here-say, you know this from the horses mouth?

Im finding it really hard to get info on morel specs, have emailed several suppliers and no luck.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yep there's a used set and cam for sale out of jetv6s 500+rwkw ecotec at the moment
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thanks delco, got a set on the way, will report back how they go :thumbup: