Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???

For non EFI mechanical discussion
delcowizzid

Re: Ecotec tie bar lifters - where to get???

Post by delcowizzid »

Diegrinder and a burr in the slot if it's tight we are only talking paper thin removed if needed depending on bore spacing tolerances from the factory.we run ls7 lifters with dogbones same part numbers as all v6 so size and length is good and no passeges uncovered as long as they are shrouded rollers
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Thats what I was thinking too.

I'm trying to get onto Johnson in the states to get a custom set for buick done with low bleed short travel, 0.300 taller, shrouded and 2 lengths of tie bar to suit the uneven bore spacing the buick has.
4 pairs have SBC spacings and 2 have ecotec spacings.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

http://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hydr ... plications

These are what I want but with 4 pairs with standard SBS tie bars and 2 pairs of 1.77" spacing tie bards
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Ahh these should work as a drop in short travel for ecotec.

http://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hydr ... iscription
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

how much noiser do you think they'll be than standard lifters? I've heard they can be pretty noisy which makes the knock sensors a bit useless
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Not sure, will give feedback when they are fitted, we don't use knock sensors so no problem.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Same, the knock system on the delco is retarded. No pun.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

shouldnt really be any noisier than stock apart from if theres a big stick and heavy springs in there.the tie bars can rattle but not heaps
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

ejukated wrote:how much noiser do you think they'll be than standard lifters? I've heard they can be pretty noisy which makes the knock sensors a bit useless
Set pre load right and they're going to be fine. Most forget that it's usually a crazy cam profile fitted in conjunction with aftermarket style lifters that actually causes the added noise to valve train.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

If anyone is interested I have custom Johnson lifters going to be made soon that suits all of ecotec and the 2 middle pairs for buick.

While they are doing mine they might as well do others if people need them. Its taking their SBC short travel standard height lifters which are fully shrouded and making custom 1.77" tie bars to suit.

The other 4 pairs in the buick are just these off the shelf SBC lifters as it uses the same SBC 1.56" centers

https://johnsonlifters.com/Products/Hyd ... 12SBR.aspx

Depending on the cam base circle there maybe a small amount of milling/grinding to the top of the lifter bore to add some clearance under the tie bars. Stock cam base circle should have 50 thou clearance out of the box, min required by the manufacture is 10 thou for thermal expansion.