Vette servo in a vy ss

For non EFI mechanical discussion
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Vette servo in a vy ss

Post by Wade »

Doing some reading online, and some fellas are saying the corvette servo was fitted as standard from the vx ls1’s onwards. Any truth behind this
The1

Re: Vette servo in a vy ss

Post by The1 »

defiantly wasn't one in my VX Series II V6. I dont recall ever reading anything about corvette servo's in any holdens from factory in any of the manuals. Perhaps some dealerships put a few in to mask some problems in LSX's
Wade

Post by Wade »

I’ve done many corvette servo upgrades over the years on commodores and never come across one fitted as standard either. I normally do the vette servo and good trans cooler just as a reliability thing as I think all commodores should of come from factory like that as a minimum. Guess I’ll just have to pull the servo out and have look. I’ll post up my findings
Wade

Post by Wade »

Well that’s confirmed. Seems the ls1 4l60e autos did get the corvette servo as standard from around vx onwards
Wade

Post by Wade »

This car vy ss is bone stock in every way that I just purchased off an old cop. Learn something new every day
Attachments
4BAFEA75-48E0-4403-ABD3-EBC69A291519.jpeg
The1

Post by The1 »

well not really as dealers have been known to change them afterwards, i havn't ever found any evidence that holden did them from factory. Would be good to know for sure though via a holden manual, but none that i have say anything.

Also check the accumulator pistons if you have the pan off, they went back to plastic ones for a while which crack and leak.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Yeah I noticed the plastic accumulators too. Didn’t go that far this time though. The servo housing built into the box was also stepped down which I don’t recall seeing on any of the other 60’s I’ve done
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Yep in 2001 all the 4l60es had a revision which saw all of them get an updated separator plate and the ls1 4l60e get a corvette servo and a Torrington roller in front of the reaction she’ll. They got those dreaded plastic accumulator pistons as already mentioned.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah my plastic accumulator in my VY cracked... went and pinched a metal one from an old v6 box I had laying around and stuck that in.