VP V6 Calais with VS L67 engine & loom swap

For non EFI mechanical discussion
VX L67 Getrag

VP V6 Calais with VS L67 engine & loom swap

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Has anybody done a old v6 buick vp style car conversion with a VS L67 engine & loom complete?

I've had this 1 in on & off & initially was numerous issues with thing's left loose & earth's not fitted I fixed all obvious but was other random issues happening & with the old remote press failing when I fixed an earth & by-passed aftermarket kill switch.

So I gave it back to customer & said I think the BCM may have issues & they got 1 & tried fitting it & said it was even worse as electric windows also stopped working & brought it back.

So main issues they want sorted is cooling fans to work which looking at wiring it should just use F6(blue/white) to trigger relay but main issue here is the coolant sensor in data is showing 40 degrees lower than actual & not steady like they normally are, but even if I tell fans to come on lower when the data stream shows that figure it still isn't triggering fan relay.

Not to mention the IAC is staying at 120 steps ALL the time, seeing the car was brought to me with everything done & just needed to be fine tuned I thought I'll just see if it was a VT loom & put a VT pcm & file to suit & ran better but had 18 faults straight up before turning key so it must have been VS wiring as it has no faults logged with it.

I've tried numerous VS V6 computers but it's the same with all of them & I checked all the ignition feeds & battery supplies & all the earths seem to be correct at the wiring plugs so it has got me stumped.

The continuity of the earths to body aren't great so I added extra & helped with resistance but didn't fix any issues.

Any ideas or thoughts would be great.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: VP V6 Calais with VS L67 engine & loom swap

Post by immortality »

Just to confirm, it has the full VS PCM and BCM with matching looms?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Nope just vs engine & its matching loom & customer patched it into vp setup somehow!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Easy to tell if its vs will have 2 coolant sensors vt only had 1 dash was fed via aldl
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Low speed fan on the VS is controlled via the BCM. Will need the VS BCM I'd imagine to make it all work properly.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

delcowizzid wrote:Easy to tell if its vs will have 2 coolant sensors vt only had 1 dash was fed via aldl
Being L67 I'm 99% sure they all just had the 1 sensor on the underside of thermostat at back of manifold valley?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VS l67 had 2. One was in the bypass cover at the back for the temp gauge, the ECU one was in the normal spot in the thermostat area.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

And VT certainly only had one, on all the conversions I’ve done we screw the temp sender into the rear bleeder port in the same area
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

WOW sorry about that I obviously haven't looked back there on a vs L67 before, but yeah it definitely has the 2 coolant sensors... bugger!

I wonder if re-pinning to change to vt style controller would be easier than trying to find & wire in a vs bcm.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Vn and vp bcms didn't do much unlike vr vs upwards the key remote only cut ignition power to the ecu so it doesn't power up rest of the bcm would be Windows locks etc that's about it.theres no aldl data to the bcm or anything.fans on vs the low speed is via back but you can turn off the low speed fan error checking and lower the high speed fan temps and run the high speed fan output pin to the fan relay
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem