cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Brake pads.

Post by vlad01 »

Hi all,

Any recommendations for a good performing pad for VN-VP with the standard sized brakes?

I used to use QFM but they went bust, so I got Maxistop pads locally and they worked very good and have lasted 135k with about 2mm left.
Time to replace them but I can no longer get Maxistop pads, so I looked to an old favorite I used from about 10 years ago, EBC green pads but that is no longer an option as the postage from the UK is insane, nearly 80 bucks just for postage, rendering them over 200 bucks per axle.

Refuse to use bendix or ferodo. Both stop like shit and the bendix are the quickest wearing pads I have ever used. So any suggestions? Are the DBA performance pads any good? Looking for something that stops good cold and hot, wear isn't too much of an issue, dust and noise are a non issue for me.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Brake pads.

Post by Charlescrown »

Surely you can buy EBC from an Australian distributor. I think RDA distribute them. I'd contact them and ask where you can buy them. If not good old Bendix have a good selection for road use.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

They are over $200 from Australia. I am going to try the DBA performance pads, they are about $95 per axle.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I use & prefer RDA range myself for front I use ceramic & rear just the gpa max everday standard!
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Never used DBA but I believe their good pads. EBC have certainly gone up in price.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I've heard some good stuff about the new DBA pads so they are on my list to try next for the daily. My missus is complaining the current pads don't have enough cold bite :o :wtf:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

29 doller supercheap specials on the front and rear of the vx good cold braking that stays just as good when hot lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Thanks guys, I asked my local mechanic to try get in a set of DB1085SP and DB1086SP pads, DBA street performance pads. Hopefully they are sufficiently good to stop in a hurry in traffic.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I don't know if they would be a good choice seeing their labelled good for track days. They might not stop well when cold. Did you price OE pads?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

They should be, the SP range is one up from their standard pads and 2 down from their track pads.