GM E38 E67 E40 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganza

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
Snoman002
cars: 2005 Quadrasteer
2009 US Spec VXR8

Re: GM E38 E67 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganza

Post by Snoman002 »

Tazzi wrote:
Snoman002 wrote: I'm watching E38 development as I own a Pontiac G8, however I'm a little more versed in P59. I have yet to take a look at disassembling, and I expect its too much for me, but is there anything that works (or in the works) on the E38/E67s ?
I have some interesting information donated over the course of the last year+.

Ill need to develop an application to analyse different operating systems in comparison to the factory definition set I have been provided to map out all the parameters and tables for each different OS.

So one day.. yes. But at the moment, Im so swapped with contract work that I barely even have the time to answer back to the 5 pending PMs in my account right now :shock: :? :lol:

Well let me know what you need, my hope in creating my GITHUB repo is that by comparing tens or hundreds of BINs we can start to automatically or semi-automatically map out various locations. The current process of disassembly is too much for all but the most technical of folks, but if we can start to lead the way with some brute force perhaps the experts only have to work on a file or two, not 50... Even my little desktop would happily chug along against a few hundred BINs trying to find common patterns, once that pattern is developed maybe we can narrow it down to a handful or two of key points to really tease out. The difficulty is in the software, and data sorting. I can do the data sorting.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya Folks,
Have any of you been playing with the "permanent codes" that show up in 2010+? I spent a few hours playing with it last night and learned quite a bit. I'm off to the dyno but will hopefully get to the bottom of it tonight.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Only thing I've found out is it seems like a sps reprogram or a OS and calibration write seem to clear them..
busta9876
cars: 89 Caprice 5.3L 67mm Turbo, 4L80E
67 Chevy C10, 6.0L LS6 Cam, 4L65E
86 K5 Blazer, 5.3L, TH400

Post by busta9876 »

ironduke wrote:Only thing I've found out is it seems like a sps reprogram or a OS and calibration write seem to clear them..
if you re-write module #8 it will clear permanent dtc's.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

busta9876 wrote:
ironduke wrote:Only thing I've found out is it seems like a sps reprogram or a OS and calibration write seem to clear them..
if you re-write module #8 it will clear permanent dtc's.
What do you mean by module #8?? tried figuring out what you meant, gotta be simple cuz I can't figure it out, lol..

Using universal patcher the 8th segment is the eeprom, is that what you meant? I figured the perm codes were stored in the C1000 or E1000 bank so I was close..
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

I think segment #8 is slave OS or slave CAL, per gm SPS order.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

With some recent luck in understanding more 5byte stuff, will be progressing with E92/E92a as the next supported ECU :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Tazzi wrote:With some recent luck in understanding more 5byte stuff, will be progressing with E92/E92a as the next supported ECU :thumbup:
Yay :thumbup: I've got a couple I can bench test whenever you are ready. Good to hear from ya bud. I've been buried busy too. :D
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

In-Tech wrote:
Tazzi wrote:With some recent luck in understanding more 5byte stuff, will be progressing with E92/E92a as the next supported ECU :thumbup:
Yay :thumbup: I've got a couple I can bench test whenever you are ready. Good to hear from ya bud. I've been buried busy too. :D
Yeah, Iv got to get GMs kernel and see what the hell they do there for read/write canbus, and if theres no other stupid code needed to keep other chips happy like the E38/E67 had.

Otherwise should be pretty simple. Alot of my previous code can be reused in terms of handling can frames and keeping SAE compliant ect so it works with J tools.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

I will be able to sniff the CAN lines later this week and can get you the kernel's if that helps save you some time or is within your time frame. ;)