VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink

Programs / Tools / Scripts
The1

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by The1 »

I havn't seen any easy way of extracting the pin from a VZ, the 2 easiest ways atm is reading the PIM eeprom or running this program through to reset the ecu which will give you the pin, then relink.

Once i get this other cables to test and hopefully fix up the issues, ill look at adding pin entry and relink.

Id also like to do bin Read/Write down the track. Ive done some testing with read/write to the barina xc variant of this ecu with kline bus.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Tested with VXDiag, Bit defender hates it haha, but ive only managed to get to about 2600 to 3000ish before it just shuts down. Pin code on ecu i was trying was 3939. I have a few here that i recall being lower immos, so will give them a go.

As those before, has issues with MDI.

Proof of concept looks good however.

Possible to add a debug log that can be accessed after a failure?
Also perhaps a " Start from xxxx " incase you have a failure at xxxx and dont want to start from the beginning again?

Other than that, positive breakthrough for these stubborn fragile E55's!
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Managed to slow down the intervals to 250 and also select silence bus ( even though its on bench i still have a PIM connected )
It got to 3939 same as what was in the PIM, then within a split second as soon as it finds it, it will shut the application down, i was recording with screen recorder so managed to see it. however perhaps a hold application open once found? Other than that, works great :)
Thumbs up Nigel!! :punk: :punk: :thumbup: :thumbup:
jxx
cars: To many

Post by jxx »

Run from command prompt, that way if there's an error/finishes, it'll just drop back to command line instead of closing window.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

jxx wrote:Run from command prompt, that way if there's an error/finishes, it'll just drop back to command line instead of closing window.
Thanks, Ill give it a go :)
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

@The1, when setting the J2534 protocol, are you also setting which pins to use for CAN?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
The1

Post by The1 »

Sorry guys. Some good suggestions will work at adding those. I know it's not a GUI but command line makes this simple for this task.

The in Vehicle testing we did we had it silencing the bus and using 500 delay. the pin was 9XXX from memory and it worked fine with vxdiag.

@Tazzi i havn't had much time on it, but i tried ISO and CAN settings, and device ID and channels but no luck, it maybe the way im passing the bytes or something else but will figure it out once i have a cable to debug with.
The1

Post by The1 »

i have a tactrix cable now, by the looks of it most of the tools have the old version 1 of the J2534 library rather than 4.04 like the vxdiag and it's basicly not responding to any commands, so ill rewrite to suit the older standard.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Strange a lot of the tools I use it for check for firmware updates when the programs check for software updates & say the latest... is there a way to update the device library tool?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

The1 wrote:i have a tactrix cable now, by the looks of it most of the tools have the old version 1 of the J2534 library rather than 4.04 like the vxdiag and it's basicly not responding to any commands, so ill rewrite to suit the older standard.
4.04 is all that I target, I thought the vxdaig only had 4.04 also.

Some tools can be extremely fussy on how you open the protocol and if pins are required to be specified.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726