unlocked E41( and t87a) swapping to another vehicle

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
Gatecrasher

Re: unlocked E41( and t87a) swapping to another vehicle

Post by Gatecrasher »

That's weird. I didn't think they changed the immo procedures until they started redesigning vehicles onto Global B. Has anyone got access to SI to see what the correct procedure is?

It's also weird that the BCM just stopped responding around 20:21:48. It was at least communicating up to that point.
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

Gatecrasher wrote:That's weird. I didn't think they changed the immo procedures until they started redesigning vehicles onto Global B. Has anyone got access to SI to see what the correct procedure is?

It's also weird that the BCM just stopped responding around 20:21:48. It was at least communicating up to that point.
from SI:
Access the Service Programming System (SPS) and follow the on-screen instructions.
On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select K9 Body Control Module - Programming and follow the on-screen instructions.
Perform the following for the appropriate ignition type prior to proceeding with the next step:

Key Ignition System: Key in the ignition and any additional keys must be away from the vehicle at least 3 m.
Push Button Start System: Keyless entry transmitter must be in the programming pocket. Refer to the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Operation document in the owner manual for the exact pocket location. All additional transmitters must be away from the vehicle at least 3 m.

Note: The following programming step may take between 10–12 min and progress will appear to have stopped during this process. This is a normal security timer response and a restart should not be performed.

If the DTC B389A sets immediately after programming a replacement K9 Body Control Module, the Immobilizer Learn procedure was not properly completed. The Immobilizer Learn procedure needs to be performed again.
If the DTC B3031 sets immediately after programming a replacement K9 Body Control Module, the Immobilizer Learn procedure needs to be performed again with a minimum of two valid keys (or keys with integrated transmitters).
For Fleet vehicles with RPO option 9C1 or 5W4, ONLY use a NEW Fleet key when performing the Immobilizer Learn procedure. If a non-fleet key or a fleet key that had been previously learned to another vehicle is used during the Immobilizer Learn, the K9 Body Control Module will not learn/convert to Fleet mode. Refer to PIT5466 for more information and fleet key part numbers. Also refer to PI1369 for instructions on how to learn more than 8 Fleet keys properly.

On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select Z1 Immobilizer Learn - Setup. On the next screen, select Body Control Module IMMO Learn with Existing Transponder or Remote Key and follow the on-screen instructions. When Immobilizer Learn is complete, press the Unlock button on the keyless entry transmitter to allow the keyless entry transmitter to exit the Immobilizer Learn mode.

Note: When performing the Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor Learn during K9 Body Control Module setup, the EL-52545 Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor and RF Diagnostic Tool must be used to activate each tire pressure sensor for vehicles with UJM.

For Key Ignition System, begin with the ignition in the RUN position.
For Push Button Start System, begin with the vehicle in vehicle ON power mode.

On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select K9 Body Control Module - Setup (or K9 Body Control Module - Configuration & Setup) and follow the on-screen instructions.
Check the driver information center display for additional messages regarding further calibration instructions. If there are no additional driver information center instructions present, programming is complete.
Clear DTCs.
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

gmtech825 wrote:
Gatecrasher wrote:That's weird. I didn't think they changed the immo procedures until they started redesigning vehicles onto Global B. Has anyone got access to SI to see what the correct procedure is?

from SI:
Access the Service Programming System (SPS) and follow the on-screen instructions.
On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select K9 Body Control Module - Programming and follow the on-screen instructions.
Perform the following for the appropriate ignition type prior to proceeding with the next step:

Key Ignition System: Key in the ignition and any additional keys must be away from the vehicle at least 3 m.
Push Button Start System: Keyless entry transmitter must be in the programming pocket. Refer to the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Operation document in the owner manual for the exact pocket location. All additional transmitters must be away from the vehicle at least 3 m.

Note: The following programming step may take between 10–12 min and progress will appear to have stopped during this process. This is a normal security timer response and a restart should not be performed.

If the DTC B389A sets immediately after programming a replacement K9 Body Control Module, the Immobilizer Learn procedure was not properly completed. The Immobilizer Learn procedure needs to be performed again.
If the DTC B3031 sets immediately after programming a replacement K9 Body Control Module, the Immobilizer Learn procedure needs to be performed again with a minimum of two valid keys (or keys with integrated transmitters).
For Fleet vehicles with RPO option 9C1 or 5W4, ONLY use a NEW Fleet key when performing the Immobilizer Learn procedure. If a non-fleet key or a fleet key that had been previously learned to another vehicle is used during the Immobilizer Learn, the K9 Body Control Module will not learn/convert to Fleet mode. Refer to PIT5466 for more information and fleet key part numbers. Also refer to PI1369 for instructions on how to learn more than 8 Fleet keys properly.

On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select Z1 Immobilizer Learn - Setup. On the next screen, select Body Control Module IMMO Learn with Existing Transponder or Remote Key and follow the on-screen instructions. When Immobilizer Learn is complete, press the Unlock button on the keyless entry transmitter to allow the keyless entry transmitter to exit the Immobilizer Learn mode.

Note: When performing the Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor Learn during K9 Body Control Module setup, the EL-52545 Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor and RF Diagnostic Tool must be used to activate each tire pressure sensor for vehicles with UJM.

For Key Ignition System, begin with the ignition in the RUN position.
For Push Button Start System, begin with the vehicle in vehicle ON power mode.

On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select K9 Body Control Module - Setup (or K9 Body Control Module - Configuration & Setup) and follow the on-screen instructions.
Check the driver information center display for additional messages regarding further calibration instructions. If there are no additional driver information center instructions present, programming is complete.
Clear DTCs.
That’s the thing though Z1 isn’t available in sps for any 2017 - 2018 vins I searched for the bcm service number in the 2018 Colorado.

I have unlimited access to sps but don’t have a vin that supports this bcm with Z1 option.

But using my trax I got the z1 files and run them independently from sps via dps.

And it worked on the trax
But not the Colorado and the Colorado bcm says 00 instead of 01 for supporting Immo learn.

The bcm OS par number is

Service number

If anyone has a Z1 option with the vin that uses this OS or service number,
Please give it to me:)
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I’d need to reprogram the bcm with a calibration that allows Immo learn.
Gatecrasher

Post by Gatecrasher »

That's the really odd part. SPS doesn't know what any of your current calibrations are when it populates the list of modules and procedures that are available. So changing the BCM cals shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not the Z1 option shows up in the list.

When you go to BCM in SPS, does it have a setup option in addition to program? Kinda like how the HMI modules have a USB transfer option? I just ran into this with a suspension module. There's program, and then a separate type 4 setup option for setting the ride height. Both are listed under 'suspension control module'.
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

No for this 2018 Colorado there isn’t anything extra... it did automatically generate the millage type 4 file though it wasn’t mentioned other than in the sidebar during programming it said millage recorded or something? Like that then in my cache folder I saw a strange file ... well that’s explain that more

I wrote a program that takes files in the cache folder and assigns them to the correct segment number and extracts them to help prepare for building a dps archive. I also added a error message that indicates that that either a segment is missing or is repeated. And when I ran my program it says error duplicate segment 0. And when I investigated further I found the millage type 4 app was causing the issue and when I removed it my program ran correctly.

Then I used ghidra to dissect the type 4 app and it said it was originally called bcm odometer.dll or something like that ? So I got excited and built the app in spat and ran in dps and it works well as long as a cluster is on the bus.

However I did not see any other strange file.

I only got the type 4 immo app from using my 2015 trax vin and selected Z1 immobilizer learn, then my cache folder contained that app
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Neat :thumbup: