put a AFM Table into a MAF ecu?

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
ASM
cars: Opel

put a AFM Table into a MAF ecu?

Post by ASM »

hello,

i have a Motronic 1.5.4. This has a MAF sensor.
The M1.5.4 was on a 4 cylinder Opel OHC engine with a crossflow cylinder head. (2.0L, x20se)

I will put this ecu in an old carburator 4 cylinder Opel CIH enginge (1.9L). This has a reverse-flow / non-crossflow cylinder head.
There is a similar 6 cylinder engine with a ML4.1/M1.5. (3.0L)

I think the injektion und ignitions tables in the 6 cylinder cih ecu fits more to my CIH engine than the OHC tables. Thats right?

So my idea is, i use these tables on my M1.5.4 ecu.
The ML4.1/M1.5 has volume air flow (AFM/VAC) and the M1.5.4 modern mass airflow (MAF).
Can i use the AFM (ignition+injektion, load vs rpm) table values 1:1 in the MAF ECU? The table size is the same. Or does this not work?
I will not change the M1.5.4 axis description.
Have i correcly explain my question? (I´m not a english profi, sorry for errors).
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Re: put a AFM Table into a MAF ecu?

Post by festy »

I haven't done much with the MAF Motronics - I've mostly played with the ML4.1 series but I think you can do what you're suggesting.
Load is actually injection pulse width - it's in units of 0.05 ms so load of 70 equals 3.5ms base injection pulse.
One of the ECUs uses a MAF to determine load, the other uses an AFM (VAF) so the air flow transfer maps and calculations will be different, but they both calculate the same type of load value so by the time they're reading the fuel and ignition maps the load has already been calculated into the common unit.