XDF

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
eurotech
cars: holden commodore 3.8

XDF

Post by eurotech »

HI.

I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN TO DO XDF, SOMEONE CAN GIVE THE RIGHT DIRECTION HOW DO?
WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO DO?

THANKS.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: XDF

Post by antus »

Hi,

1st up, I suggest you dont use ALL CAPS. Its considered shouting.

Next up, for a new question like this you should start a new thread instead of posting on the bottom of another one thats not really related. I have deleted your duplicate post from the VZ thread.

As for making XDFs, it can be quite complicated. How you do it is up to you, but you need some way of figuring out the mappings inside the computer. You need to be able to identify tables, scalars and flags. And then you need to know how the checksum system works in the computer so you can set that up to prevent the computer throwing errors when you put changed the data in to it. You may be able to compare similar bins from similar but slightly different cars to see what bits are different, you might be able to use some other tuning software to change things and see what changes and use that to point you in the right direction and if you are skilled in embedded electronics you may be able to disassemble the code and figure out what it does and what addresses it uses, and how it converts the data in the bin to the data that makes sense to humans (equations). Its all possible but it wont be easy and you'll have to apply your own logic and figure a lot out on your own. Once you know about checksums and tables, use tunerpro to define each item in an xdf.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
eurotech
cars: holden commodore 3.8

Re: XDF

Post by eurotech »

Hi,Antus

THANK YOU.