linking s/h ecu to immobilizer zafira

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

linking s/h ecu to immobilizer zafira

Post by jca »

Hi guys just wondering if any body has any idea how to over come my problem I'm trying to fit a s/h ecu to a holden Zafra because the one has blown the fuel pump circuit I have the immobilizer code to suit the Vin of the car I'm working on and to suit the Vin that the s/h ecm come from the key is linked to the immobilizer and vehicle cranks and fires but dosnt run the ecm has incorrect immobilizer key but it just locks me out if I use the code to suit the Vin from the s/h ecm because the immobilizer is want the old code
Gareth

Re: linking s/h ecu to immobilizer zafira

Post by Gareth »

Using a full security set is the easyiest way (key, reader and ecu), then no linking required. (make sure the calibration is the same though..)

Using tech2 and tis2web linking an old ecu is easy.

Hope this helps
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
jca
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Hey big vl I'm using a tech was thinking what if i did a software download off tis ? I'd have to buy a day pass etc ?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

yep, sure would, the vin in the old ECU will stop it from over-riding the calibration and link though... The only way to fit a second hand ecu is to do a full ecu reset before removing it from the original car (I'll stand corrected on that if someone knows another way)
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
mattyc

Post by mattyc »

Can be done, but needs a trip to holden and someone at holden that knows what to do...
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I think if the scan-tool does a full reset then use tis access to do a write from vin it should be fine, I did this with 2nd hand VZ E55 controllers.
jca
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Thanks vx l67 I did a reset etc and changed the Vin so hopefully I can just get on tis now