Motronic ML2.8 as standalone?

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
Jim
cars: A wide variety of worthless junk

Motronic ML2.8 as standalone?

Post by Jim »

Hi all, I have done some searches but haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have an engine out of a Mercedes E430 with engine wiring harness and ECU.
I'm going to use it in an unregistered race car (to start with) mainly because I have it here.
Eventually I'll go to a standalone unit such as Haltech. For the time being I'd like to get it running with what I have.

I know I need to set IMMO OFF and have ordered a BDM100 et al to do that job. Will the ECU operate if the associated accessories such as cruise control and so on are not connected? If so, am I able to turn these functions off and get the ECU to work as a standalone unit?

I'm also having a lot of trouble locating a pinout for the ECU as it uses multiple connectors rather than the one single plug which most diagrams describe for the 2.8 (such as on the calibra/and VAG stuff).

Thanks,
Jim
Holden202T

Re: Motronic ML2.8 as standalone?

Post by Holden202T »

welcome to the forums Jim :)

I would expect things like cruise control will not cause you any issues, and more than likely you wont need to disable anything for it, just remove controls and it should just not work then ....

that said the most I know about mercs is from a youtube video you sent me on how to remove the immobilizer chip hehe!
Jim
cars: A wide variety of worthless junk

Re: Motronic ML2.8 as standalone?

Post by Jim »

Thanks for that!
I should have guessed you'd be in here and a first responder! lol
My next problem is the spare pin pads on the PCB are 15 pin offset not 14 pin straight. I can't find any info on this board at all!!