GM E38 E67 E40 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganza

Disassembly, Reassembly, Tools and devleopment. Going deep with Hardware and Software.
kur4o

Re: GM E38 E67 Kernel/Bootloader Development Extravaganza

Post by kur4o »

That archive is pretty awesome.
edited to add a second link, almost a gig of files.. I uploaded it not zipped so you can pick and choose or download the whole folder..
Mass download requires paid premium account. Can you zip them in single archive for easy download.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

kur4o wrote:That archive is pretty awesome.
edited to add a second link, almost a gig of files.. I uploaded it not zipped so you can pick and choose or download the whole folder..
Mass download requires paid premium account. Can you zip them in single archive for easy download.

Sorry I didn't know that.. here's those second batch of files all zipped up.. This is 2 different computers so there will be duplicates.. These are all gonna be mostly newer files..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oyy9qm403 ... e2.7z/file

If specific files are needed and I have the needed ECU handy I can use sps to program the ecu and get the files.. Others can probably have something to get them right from the sps server..

Just trying to help where I can, lol..
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya, I hope this isn't too much of a sidetrack. For you Aussie gents, can you download the eng and trans files for me for 6G3F15RW3HL307011.
For whatever reason, GM North American will not let us get these files. It's a 2017 Chev SS. I'll be glad to paypal. Thanks
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

In-Tech wrote:Hiya, I hope this isn't too much of a sidetrack. For you Aussie gents, can you download the eng and trans files for me for 6G3F15RW3HL307011.
For whatever reason, GM North American will not let us get these files. It's a 2017 Chev SS. I'll be glad to paypal. Thanks
Do you think it's your account access or ip?? Not trying to sidetrack this sidetrack too much but something like privatevpn or another vpn network might be the fix you need??
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

It's my buds SPS subscription so just going by what he said. I'm new to GM SPS so I hope to have mine working soon, I just set up a win10 laptop dual boot xp/10 just for that but still need to do some updates and get software installed and moved off the other lappys. Longer story to muddle the thread further. :mrgreen: I'm in Calif and the SS is in Colorado so I wanted to program an e38 here with his stock file. I'm going to have to physically get his ecm to do a parameters full clone but a stock file would be a good start :)
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Keep in mind the average person is meant to license each VIN they program with SPS, so 99.9% of people wont be able to grab files willy nilly.

Attached is the cals for that VIN for ECM
Attachments
SSCals.zip
(735.43 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
SS Cals.PNG
SS Cals.PNG (12.76 KiB) Viewed 3588 times
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Thanks Tazzi very much,
Shoot me a pm so I can arrange a payment to you. Tonight I'll organize the files and try a write :thumbup:
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

In-Tech wrote:Thanks Tazzi very much,
Shoot me a pm so I can arrange a payment to you. Tonight I'll organize the files and try a write :thumbup:
Don't stress. :thumbup:

I reverse engineer and program GM modules for a living. Its (essentially) free for me.
Horshack

Post by Horshack »

In-Tech wrote:Hiya Tazzi,
Just an update that I built bench setups for the E67, E78 and E92 if you want me to do anything. I can rig up a CAN logger/sniffer too. I'll make the T42 and T87 adapters soon.
Hello, new member here, and I joined specifically because of this post. Am I to understand, and I really REALLY hope I understand, that you have devised a way to operate a T87/T87A TCM with an E67 ECM? I have been trying to find a way to put an 8 speed or a 10 speed behind a Camaro LS3 for months now with no success.
:wall:

Might you have found the path I need and if so, how much? I've got EFI Live and can do my own programming within EFI Live's borders, but I don't have nearly what it takes to do the sort of stuff I've been reading about on this board.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Yeah I dont think thats what those files are for.

If the TCM and ECM do not have compatible operating systems, then its not going to play nicely.

Would need to make a middle man module to translate the information to/from both TCM and ECM to make them play nicely with one another.