E38 2008,9 Pontiac G8 file wanted

Bosch Motronic etc ECUs and PCMs
In-Tech

E38 2008,9 Pontiac G8 file wanted

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya Folks,
I am out of town(Vegas) working on a 69 Camaro RS/SS Convertible LS swap with Kong 2650 supercharger. This thing has a G8 pedal so I assume I need a G8 file for the ECM(I do have the slave modules for it) The only file I have, I think is corrupt somewhere. I have Tazzi's wonderful software so a full clone usually works great but I'm thinking my file is fookered, it was a download from the net :comp:

If any of you have a stock .bin file or two or ?, I would sure appreciate it. I can check the cvn's to make sure file is stock if you are unsure. I think '08 is 6l and '09 is 6.2l, doesn't matter to me as I have to make major changes anyway. I just want to start with known good :thumbup:

btw, sps file doesn't have the parameters section, need a full flash read from ecm. ;)
kur4o

Re: E38 2008,9 Pontiac G8 file wanted

Post by kur4o »

You can try these files. Looks they are full reads, but you can do the usual checks before flashing.
Attachments
g8smixed.rar
(3.05 MiB) Downloaded 181 times
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Thanks kur4o, I'll try these out shortly and reply.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya,
The YRPS ORI appears to be stock except the OS, maybe it has a VATS delete already in the OS, am researching. I haven't tried burning it yet. Just an update and I appreciate the help. :)

No offense intended, the others had invalid cvn's in the normal areas of cal, and at least two other modules.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

It could easily have been the Vin delete in that file, and that's why my cvn verification didn't work and also why I can't seem to get a full clone write to work without fail. If you or anyone has a complete read it might help me in my progress. Of course I won't publish anything publicly.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya Folks,
Just a quick update since I having been fighting many many wiring issues(not mine). I appreciate all the help and when I get home and can try many more things on the bench, I think more will be discovered. As of last try, I still cannot do a full clone with any of these G8 .bin files. Meaning as soon as I shut off for a period of time, The seed/key vin and serial goes fubar. Right now I have it running well using a cloned(stock seed/key vin and serial and the rest of the damage in the parameters, lol) 2011 camaro stick OS and cal changes. I am still using the G8 Slaves and pedal stuff, all works well. Learned a lot on this road trip :)

This guy needs to get it to the a scheduled out of state upholstery shop and I need to get home to take care of a lot of fires :( It runs pretty good on speed density VVE and I will work on the 5" MAF transfer function the next time I see it. Again, 69 SS/RS Convertible LS3 swap, supercharged, 112mm TB, 5" cartridge MAF tube.

Thanks again :)
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

In-Tech wrote:69 SS/RS Convertible LS3 swap, supercharged, 112mm TB, 5" cartridge MAF tube.
WHY!

Why would anyone do that to a 69 RS/SS Convertible, that's sacrilegious ...

Many have just rolled face down in their grave! :P
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Man, Bro... I feel ya. I just get flown in to fix crapola.

Pretty much done with the wiring, the IAT has the wrong transfer function and the VSS no worky, but should have that corrected today. Probably next trip we will put an AEM infinity in, start over, do some traction control stuff, etc, etc. Of course all of it can be done with GM stuff but we might as well do it all with one box. Pectel box is nice too. Dunno yet.

Thanks for the help :)
-Carl
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Camaro_2.jpg
Camaro.jpg
And food is much better made than bought :)
Guac.jpg
Pork_Tenderloin.jpg
Salsa.jpg
We also put some big brake calipers/rotors and cylinders Wilwoods too, it's gotta stop :punk:
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

In-Tech wrote:And food is much better made than bought :)
Damn you and the Mexican food, I so miss good Mexican food ... They consider Taco Bell good Mexican food here. PUKE!
My only saving grace is my wife, she's does decent job, it's hard to get good veggies here.
What's in it for heat ??
In-Tech wrote:We also put some big brake calipers/rotors and cylinders Wilwoods too, it's gotta stop :punk:
O-hell just flintstone it ... :roll:

Gonna be fun to drive ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!