How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm

Gampy

Re: How to Bypass and Remove Tuner lock from an LS Pcm

Post by Gampy »

Thomas wrote:I’m using hp tuner
That's your problem!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote:
Thomas wrote:I’m using hp tuner
That's your problem!
:lol: Good Call Gampy haha.

The "this ecu has been locked by another tuner" occurs because HPTuners detects that the seed/key are not the factory combination and that you have not licensed that ecu, thus makes the assumption you are not the original tuner and does not let you view or edit that file.

I have had previous customers indicate they have loaded up a previously license HPT file, gone to write the file to the ECU which causes the "you must license this ecu" message to appear on screen, to which they accept to license the ECU.
They then stop/prevent HPTuners from actually performing the write procedure, close the application and then reopen the program and load in the original ECU file which removed the lock error.

I personally have not done this, I am just passing on the information that was passed to me. Basically you are licensing the ECU without overwriting it, which then allows you access to the original file as you have licensed that vin/serial. I have no clue if this is only possible on specific versions or not, I have not tried.

Another method is just using pcmhammer then changing the key to a factory value and writing back to the ecu which should allow hptuners to open it happily.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Oh no, I smell that smell, that awful smell, food for the beast ... DON'T FEED THE BEAST!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Thomas
cars: Vn group commodore

Post by Thomas »

He brought the car and just wanted to calibrate the speedo. I ended up paying someone to unlock it. Had a hp tuner custom os in it.
evilstuie
cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM

Post by evilstuie »

Tazzi wrote:
Another method is just using pcmhammer then changing the key to a factory value and writing back to the ecu which should allow hptuners to open it happily.
Hey Tazzi,

I've got HP Tuners and Tuner locked PCM that I need to access with the same problem.
The tune has the same engine build as my car but different injectors so I need to just remap the fuel to get it good enough to drive for mine.

How do I know what the "factory values" for the seed would be or would PCM hammer do this automatically?

I tried doing the pin ground method but unfortunately was too early in the morning and without coffe and grounded the wrong pin and bricked the whole PCM.

No I'm going to desolder the flash chip and put it on another ECU and try again, but I have a feeling it won't unlock the data for the tune once I'm done...
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

if you want to untuner lock it and have a tune from a compatible OS car, jump the pin to enter boot mode and write the paramaters block with pcmhammer in to the pcm, then reboot the pcm and set the vin back to what it should be. It'll undo any 3rd party changes. But note that it'll also change the pcm serial number. Only do this if you have no interest in hptuners and just want to access the pcm. As always do a full read first from recovery mode to save a backup so you can undo any changes should you find you need to.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396