Just seeing what people are cdeveloping

In-Tech

Re: Just seeing what people are cdeveloping

Post by In-Tech »

I look forward to everything you make. I think modzer has his hands out with every post. The world owes him :thumbdown:
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Sometimes one can do nothing but laugh ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

In-Tech wrote:I look forward to everything you make. I think modzer has his hands out with every post. The world owes him :thumbdown:
I think its more that hes unsure how to start such project and needs running example to learn from.

I mean, I still remember the days of when I first joined pcmhacking, and asking basic questions such as "what is the difference between hexadecimal and integers", I didn't understand the concept of the two different ways of counting ect. So he could likely come out with something good with guidance.. but needs to give a crack at something like the D-PDU API first, and ask questions as he gets stuck :thumbup:

Pretty sure Youtube touch me 100 fold more then my uni degree did :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Regarding the request for Power PC Flasher source in one of the other threads - The PCM Hammer code is open source, so I would suggest that modifying it so that it can handle can bus packets would be a good project. If the app can be made in a tidy way to handle a new protocol and using commonly available protocol information get the OSID, etc when you click get properties a lot will be learnt and standing in the community gained. It will be much simpler than going straight in to implementation of the D-PDU protocol, and it'll be similar but different to how VPW works. It'll need to be able to keep track of the two protocols and need to be able to use a new can bus library to parse those messages.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

That would be a great challenge and one I have thought about ...

The PcmHacks suite is pretty intertwined with VPW.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!