PCMTec Development Blog

Ford information and tools can be found here
ejukated

Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning

Post by ejukated »

Probably the most important part is reading/flashing. I have an A2L file for a Jag application which should be able to give a bit of layout as a base.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

ejukated wrote:Probably the most important part is reading/flashing. I have an A2L file for a Jag application which should be able to give a bit of layout as a base.
Yeah to get read/write working I need to get my hands on software that can already read/write the flash or a bin file.

Getting some existing software is much easier as I can load it up in IDA, convert the asm to pseudo C (much easier to reverse engineer) and find how the generate the seed keys. This is fairly easy and can usually be done in under a week.

If there's no software I can reverse engineer, or they employ advanced anti-debugging etc then the next fastest way is with an existing bin file. This is as the bin file has the assembler to generate the seed keys (as it needs to be able to verify it), so you can reverse engineer it from there. This is more difficult as you can't easily debug and step through the code (most cases getting a debugger working is as much effort as the reversing is). Also most micro asm doesn't have any asm -> pseudo C decompilers available and asm is much slower/harder to read than obfuscated C code. Asm that's written by hand is fine, but asm thats produced by a compiler is often a headfuck.

The other problem is if you don't have a bin file then you need to crack open a PCM and use a BDM to get the bin file. If there's no public knowledge on how to do this for a particular ECU, then you could spend a week on this alone.

So basically the major things we will look at when supporting new platforms are:
  • A2L files or existing maps available for the same platform (even if for a different car).
  • Existing tools/hardware that can flash the PCM and we can get our hands on.
  • Demand for that particular platform.
  • Uses a protocol that the OpenPort supports (high speed canbus via J2534).
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

the PCMflash software that uses the tactrix device too pretty well covers every conceivable controller, I just got there security device & have purchased a few modules...
rolls

Post by rolls »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:the PCMflash software that uses the tactrix device too pretty well covers every conceivable controller, I just got there security device & have purchased a few modules...
Does that use a security dongle?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

yeah like I mentioned security device which is a USB stick that's called Guardant!
rolls

Post by rolls »

Ok so I know I've been quiet on here but there has been a lot going on behind the scenes. Software is getting closer and closer now. Most basic features are completed such as scalars, tables, axis editing. Checksum recalculation etc. Licensing/credit system is close to complete as well.

Going to have a very small private alpha soon (only a few people, they know who they are) then we will expand it and add more people once we get some feedback. As there is so much to do we don't want to get swamped with bugs/feedback so keeping the releases very small until we get a handle on it. There is enough on our todo list without any alpha feedback yet so I imagine it will quickly grow into a never ending list!
luke111
cars: ford xh barra 4.0

Post by luke111 »

rolls wrote:Ok so I know I've been quiet on here but there has been a lot going on behind the scenes. Software is getting closer and closer now. Most basic features are completed such as scalars, tables, axis editing. Checksum recalculation etc. Licensing/credit system is close to complete as well.

Going to have a very small private alpha soon (only a few people, they know who they are) then we will expand it and add more people once we get some feedback. As there is so much to do we don't want to get swamped with bugs/feedback so keeping the releases very small until we get a handle on it. There is enough on our todo list without any alpha feedback yet so I imagine it will quickly grow into a never ending list!
Cool :thumbup:
I check here everyday. It has been quiet lately.
I am ready whenever you are. Please take my money $$$!!!! :cash: :D :lol:
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

AWESOME work as always Rolls! :punk:

Seeing I have gone through the possible next step for the tool after all falcon files are sorted with the ranger SID208/9 vbf to bin files hopefully after all those are sorted "MAYBE" down the path...

Then hopefully the Territory 2.7L Turbo Diesel with SID204 "MAY" be following & wondering if anyone has any pointers on converting it to bin as it's a different size & allocations to the ranger vbf it will be another different process.

I've attached the common territory 2.7 vbf if anyone can convert & attach it would be great or give me pointers in converting it would be great.
Attachments
AR79-14C204-AG.zip
(470.1 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
rolls

Post by rolls »

Ok we have ghost cam working!

Ghost cam on demand!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NArWBFNgAjE[/youtube]

Super lumpy idle 35 degrees retard on exhaust cam

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1JDW1CIiDk[/youtube]

Car is completely undriveable with that much overlap but it sounds super cool.

Currently I can only get the lumpy cam when you have your foot on the throttle, as soon as idle mode kicks in it goes smooth again. So basically have the reverse of a ghost cam, lumpy as hell when trying to drive, smooth at idle. Will need to find the maps that control the idle exhaust cam timing to get a true ghost cam working.

Anyway, progress is progress!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Thats mint!! Would love to hear what the XR8 would sound like with that done
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726