Gm Seed key algorithms

Gm Seed key algorithms

Postby blundar » Thu May 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Someone was kind enough to share this with me elsewhere. I haven't had a chance to verify any of it yet but judging by the source, I wouldn't question its authenticity.

Enjoy.
Attachments
GM seedkey.doc
(59 KiB) Downloaded 498 times

Re: Gm Seed key algorithms

Postby Tazzi » Thu May 24, 2018 7:20 pm

That was actually a pretty interesting read. :thumbup:

Site Admin

Postby antus » Sat May 26, 2018 12:37 am

That is pretty interesting. Ive heard much of the 256 algos and seen that index on its own on other sites but never a description of how to make sense of it. I think the days of algos are over for new cars though. Some recent cars tuning software requires that you to purchase a key from the software vendor who presumably emulates the car and pull the key from a session with the official tools. Then there is newer security again which I suspect is occuring to tighten security with the upcoming generations of connected self driving vehicles that are on the horizon. This is looking like a possible end to diy tuning, but we'll see.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Postby beyerch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:44 am

for GM, starting with some MY17 cars, they have switched to a 5 byte seed/key. In addition to the algorithm number discussed above, there is a security table now as well. Each security table has N number of algorithm rows similar to the old functionality. (a lot more to brute force) Additionally, these are *not* pre-fabricated. Each vendor is responsible to create their own security table and they do so by making a DLL file from a template. This also developers to gain security access and ensures that no one has "all" of the codes, etc. The only place which will have all of the codes will be GM and that is obscured behind the TIS2WEB application at this point.

Also, somewhere around MY20/21, you'll start seeing encrypted CAN and signed files, etc.

DIY tuning options for that stuff is going to be pretty bleak to be honest.

Postby navitel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:22 am

blundar wrote:Someone was kind enough to share this with me elsewhere. I haven't had a chance to verify any of it yet but judging by the source, I wouldn't question its authenticity.

Enjoy.

this document is old.
It is valid for cars until 2005
Can anyone have a description for cars 2009-2017?
Best Regards

Return to Tool Development