Open source GM OBD2 flash tool using a ELM327 device

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Open source GM OBD2 flash tool using a ELM327 device

Post by antus »

it looks like master was not in a healthy state, i just merged our current working branch, it was getting too out of sync with master and was about due for a merge. The app is still under heavy development (as time permits). If you pull master and try again you'll get further. You'll need a kernel.bin in the app dir for it to upload anything, but im aiming to get all the foundations right and reliable first, then adding the functionality on top of that should be a piece of cake. For kernel.bin just rename some random file of about 2k in size to kernel.bin for now. Nothing happens after its uploaded so you dont need a real kernel yet anyway.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I just got a clean build from master, it should be good now.

I pushed up a small change to fix a couple of compiler warnings as well.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

Sorry, but I'm a newb at programming.

I'm still getting 985 Errors when trying to build. All from the vehicle.cs file.
Attachments
Build Errors.png
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Where is the first one? It looks clean to me too. C# 4.7.02556, as part of visual studio enterprise, 0 errors, 1 warning, 4 messages. Current master, commit 5a9b87b7344153c39c7ec415db46f75b9a208f1f
It sounds to me like your copy is not complete. git pull then git checkout master
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Ok, I got it working. Never used git on a windows laptop and I was trying to do it via the GUI instead of the using the terminal.

And I got my bench PCM from the junkyard this morning. Now I'm just waiting for my cable to come in. Pull the tune file off of it via my HPTuners cable. Now I just need to wire it up to my JimStim to do more testing.

Thanks for the help.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
osx86ftw
cars: 1987 Porsche 944 5.3 swapped

Post by osx86ftw »

Anybody else having an issue ordering the Allpro ELM327 adapter? I sent payment on the ordering page and I got a refund a day or two later without an explanation...
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I know it is just one guy, but i wouldnt expect that. Will be interesting to see if he can keep up. I did give him a heads up that there would be interest. Maybe hes getting more made up but a response would not hurt.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Yeah, I just got a refund as well with no response.

OBDLink is good as well?

This one is even cheaper and I can get it in 2 days!

https://www.amazon.com/ScanTool-425801- ... antonet-20
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I think we can make the Scantool SX work - I bought one on that assumption, and if I remember correctly Antus is getting one as well (or has one already?).

It won't support 4x speed, so it will be slower, but it should work. Also, the current kernel (aka bootloader) has only been tested with 4x, so it might take some additional work to get it working at 1x, but if that's a problem, it shouldn't be a hard one to solve. And if the AllPro is unavailable, then Scantool support becomes a higher priority than it was.

The Allpro seems like a really nice device though, I hope they will be available again soon.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

I just sent him an email to see if (or hopefully when) he'll be shipping them again.

I'm guessing (based on no evidence whatsoever...) that he might be out of stock, so he'll need to order another batch from his supplier. And if he needs to raise funds to do that, then a Kickstarter campaign might solve that problem.

Or, maybe he's just on vacation, who knows? :)

Fingers crossed...