Open source GM OBD2 flash tool using a ELM327 device

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
redheadedrod
cars: '03 GM truck, '09 GM car, '94 GM car

Re: Open source GM OBD2 flash tool using a ELM327 device

Post by redheadedrod »

Hmm I ordered an AllPro USB cable and the proper BT dongle from him on like April 18th or 19th and had them here by April 23. So Not sure what to tell you guys. In good shape too unlike some of the luck another member has had.

They did send me the wrong BT dongle the first time.

I am working with Macchina to get a more affordable unit than their M2 built. I will be working on getting the M2 up to speed and will hopefully have the firmware to the point it can be used to flash and do so in 4x. Basically the new units will be slimmed down M2's and still be able to run the firmware. Note that I plan to develop the J1850VPW firmware separately from the main firmware for now and merge them together later.
osx86ftw
cars: 1987 Porsche 944 5.3 swapped

Post by osx86ftw »

I just got an email from him saying the USB AllPro is back in stock

EDIT: I've ordered one and it's shipped :)
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Glad to hear it! It's a great piece of hardware for a great price. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

Same! Excited to test out what everyone has been working on.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
osx86ftw
cars: 1987 Porsche 944 5.3 swapped

Post by osx86ftw »

Forgive me if I've missed it, how are you guys flashing the allpro adapter with the custom firmware?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

With flashmagic as per the description on the allpro site. Note that the BT version doesnt currently have the bootloader pin exposed so it'll be a lot harder to flash. i would not recommend BT at this early stage. Alex (the allpro author) has said he will be merging my 4x changes but hes looking at if he can increase the max packet size first. Also considering the next model cpu up with more ram for 4k packet support, but that probably confuses the hardware landscape and isnt worth the addition cost. We will see....
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The updated allpro firmware is progressing. I have received a test copy which contains my 4x changes, and Alex has changed the memory management and claims 2k packet sizes should now be working. We'll put it through its tests and if we give it the thumbs up it'll go in to the official firmware :thumbup:

We have extended the ELM command set with AT VPWx where x is 1 or 4 and is used as a divider for the timings. so ATVPW1 will set VPW 1x speed, and ATVPW4 set VPW 4x speed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
NSFW

Post by NSFW »

Translation: The $35 AllPro is going to be just as good for this as anything else on the market.

I hope that guy sells a truckload of them. And if we get the software right, I think he will. :)
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Just a quick question;
Has anyone tried adding a USB interface to a handheld scan tool device? Is it possible?
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Mike
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

160baud has connected the allpro to android. it works over usb otg or bluetooth, so options will be coming. Whats shown is a test version which is not yet available, work is in progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsvUkCJ ... e=youtu.be