BDM or JTAG pinout listings

VX L67 Getrag

Re: BDM or JTAG pinout listings

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

That's about the same cost & procedure for the hpt range I mentioned in previous post, I wonder if there the same controller type.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I don't know if it's getting harder or the direction of knowledge needs to change. I get almost weekly updates from Alientech on new vehicles they have cracked all via OBD2 port.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I think your correct charlescrown, but I don't think Alientech know it all either hence why they need half the controllers opened up & read with KTAG & not KESS over the OBDII.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah alientechs idea of tuning is usually main fuel and spark maps, fuel pressure limiters for diesel and rev limiter. Enough for some kind of tuning but a very long shot short of what they could be doing. Their product is also super expensive so they can afford a larger development team.

As with all of this stuff its the development time which means development costs which defines the business model. Eg with the cummins they talk of replacing a single use box by sending the computer to them. It quite possibly could be a multi use software but reading between the lines its getting harder and more costly to develop the solutions so decent return is needed to cover costs which is why theyre doing it that way.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:Yeah alientechs idea of tuning is usually main fuel and spark maps, fuel pressure limiters for diesel and rev limiter. Enough for some kind of tuning but a very long shot short of what they could be doing. Their product is also super expensive so they can afford a larger development team.

As with all of this stuff its the development time which means development costs which defines the business model. Eg with the cummins they talk of replacing a single use box by sending the computer to them. It quite possibly could be a multi use software but reading between the lines its getting harder and more costly to develop the solutions so decent return is needed to cover costs which is why theyre doing it that way.
A single use box? As in the ECU can only be tuned once?
Am actually interested in understand why these ECU's cant be unlock/tuned. As in.. they must be able to get calibration updates using factory dealership tools??

Unless.. theres some sort of certificate validation which isnt so easy to reverse engineer, Or infringes some legal aspect by reverse engineering and developing their own verification certificate ect.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Possibly single use box is their way of explaining it without using their specific software. As I said in the US they must allow access to carry out minor adjustments/fixes as they are required so I cant see how single use fit the bill. Your right about Alientech. They only work out how to do a few basics and reset the checksum. As I said I haven't been game to play with the wife's car but I now have some very good software so I can buy another ECU and play with that one. I call it safe tuning.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Has anyone ever figured out how to connect to the Delphi MPC561 E38 with opening the case & reading via BDM/JTAG & what software was used?
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Has anyone ever figured out how to connect to the Delphi MPC561 E38 with opening the case & reading via BDM/JTAG & what software was used?
I'm also intersted in this. About to crack one open and have a look to see if KTag or BDM100 can read it. Anyone with any info please hit us up!
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

Finally cracked open an E38.
Won't be doing that again. What a mess haha.
What pin is the boot on the ECM connector? Surely someone here knows. PM me :)
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Has anyone ever figured out how to connect to the Delphi MPC561 E38 with opening the case & reading via BDM/JTAG & what software was used?
yoda69 wrote:Only thing I've seen is like these:
http://www.flashtec.ch/index.php/produc ... dflash-bdm
http://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale ... 98379.html
https://www.obd2buy.com/chip-programmer ... 00cmd.html

They don't mention E38. E67, ....., so not sure if something similar available for them
Looking for e37, e38, e67 j tag locations. I have the e67, and e38, cut apart completely, and just the back of the e37, I have ktag pins for the e37, but they don't match up to what I need for a pe micro.