Gm Seed key algorithms

ben_att
cars: VF
VZ
VY

Re: Gm Seed key algorithms

Post by ben_att »

Hi All,

As far as I can see from reading online, the key is BE86-(byte 2 & byte 1) to access clusters (VY&VZ), but I've tried some VY and VZ clusters I have laying around and it appears to be rejected, I keep getting a response of F2, 58, 11, FF, 0, on VZ clusters and F2, 58, 11, FF, FF, on VY clusters. I believe it should reply with the key where the bold is if it has accepted the key?
Is this the wrong algo for VY/VZ and meant for earlier models?
I send a F2, 57, 11, 00, receive the seed, run the algo, send it back with F2, 59, 11, 01, xx, xx, (checksum)
Unless the above is incorrect and I'm sending the wrong thing or is the a certain time that you have to respond with the key before a new seed is generated making the key I send back invalid?
Then again, I used serial port monitor while running AA and if I calculate it, it appears to be using the same algo when you click unlock as what I'm trying which is also unsuccessful as I can see the clusters response in port monitor so it shouldn't be the timing.
Anyone got any advice on this?

Thanks
ben_att
cars: VF
VZ
VY

Re: Gm Seed key algorithms

Post by ben_att »

Otherwise does anyone have a valid seed / key combo for vy/Vz cluster so I can try and work with that? Thanks