C development and patching for P01/P59

kur4o

Re: C development and patching for P01/P59

Post by kur4o »

Gampy wrote:I just may have to retract my last statement, I may of accidentally left a kernel in RAM ...

However, I have just erased sector 0x40000 (on an AMD P59), powered down the PCM and now PCM Hammer is unable to recover it!
Real bad idea. Now pcm thinks it have bad checksum if even reach that without crashing in ffs region. To put in recovery mode last 2 bytes of bin or last 2 bytes of caldata segments must be erased. Only option now is pin grounding to revive the pcm.
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Post by bubba2533 »

I'm back at it again...

I have recently rewrote my patching program from scratch in C after going through a couple online courses. I'm now dealing with Windows Defender deleting it immediately when I copy and paste it to my desktop.

I can run it just fine from the location where the compiler saves it, but I imagine anyone downloading it would have the same issue. I have never had to deal with this before so any suggestions would be appreciated.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

That seems strange. Defender doesnt delete anything I compile and copy around, and I dont do anything special. What does defender say about it?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Are you encrypting it or anything like that, self modifying, relocating objects, moving memory, that sort of thing.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

I’ll have to check when I get home the exact error that it gives me, but it says it’s severe and I’m not even able to allow it to be bypassed or at least I wasn’t able to.

Not encrypting anything, not sure what self modifying or relocating objects means, I am copying memory (memcpy) in it.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

if you can zip it up rather than copy it and want to pm me a copy I can test on my machine and see what it says. Its not impossible it really is a virus or something, so I'll play it safe investigating on my side.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Ok, well today it decided it didn't want to flag it. And I had one other person test it and they didn't have any problems so that's nice.

If it comes back up I'll take note of the error.