Seed key brute force program.

Programs / Tools / Scripts
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Seed key brute force program.

Post by ironduke »

Posting up some code I wrote, looking for people to test it for me, make it crash, tell me what I did wrong..

I wrote this for E38 ecu's but I believe it will work on any gm ecu with a 2 byte seed/key and with a 10 second timeout between tries..

Yes it could take up to 7 days, but hey, some of us have benches and nice power supplies so it runs in the background and does it's thing..

If you have a different ecu and know the key please give this a whirl for me, you can start the key attempts close to the know key so it doesn't run forever and see how it works..

Wrote it to work with J2534 devices besides the GM mdi but that's all I have to test with..
ECU.BruteForcer.0.0.4.7z
(25.19 KiB) Downloaded 643 times
skipped a few..
ECU.BruteForcer.0.0.7.7z
(24.57 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
Made some revisions on connection and making sure I added bytes to send a full 12 bytes. Member had trouble with an E67
ECU.BruteForcer.0.0.8.7z
(24.73 KiB) Downloaded 1009 times
Last edited by ironduke on Mon May 24, 2021 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gampy

Re: Seed key brute force program.

Post by Gampy »

ironduke wrote:Posting up some code I wrote,
All I see is binaries, no code!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Gampy wrote:
ironduke wrote:Posting up some code I wrote,
All I see is binaries, no code!
Not sure what you mean by binaries and no code? I put up everything needed for it to run, didn't I??

As for the code itself I sent a copy to Gampy, I know there's a lot of stuff that's not needed and he's very good at cleaning up the code.. Code can be posted up after he goes thru it..

I am still revising it, just raised the timeouts a little but, seems wireless sometimes isn't getting a complete message?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

ironduke wrote:Not sure what you mean by binaries and no code? I put up everything needed for it to run, didn't I??
Binaries = Executables and DLL's ...
Code = Source Code ...
I thought you meant to include the code and somehow it didn't make it into the 7z.

I haven't tried it yet, you know I will ... Willingly!
ironduke wrote:As for the code itself I sent a copy to Gampy, I know there's a lot of stuff that's not needed and he's very good at cleaning up the code.. Code can be posted up after he goes thru it..
I surely do appreciate the compliment, not sure my shoulders are big enough for that load of crap though ... ;)
ironduke wrote:I am still revising it, just raised the timeouts a little but, seems wireless sometimes isn't getting a complete message?
I suspect when you say Wireless you mean Blue Tooth, Blue Tooth is marginal at best in Windows I wouldn't lose any sleep over it ...

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Wireless as in wireless network. Use my
Gm mdi wirelessly for almost everything.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Awe Ok, Awesome!

That should be stable ...

Is that a real mdi or clone ??

ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Gampy wrote:Awe Ok, Awesome!

That should be stable ...

Is that a real mdi or clone ??
I have genuine MDI and a couple clones between the shop and home. Cheap enough to keep one at each since I do use them frequently.. The clone seems to be just as dependable as the genuine.

I had one that started dropping out one of the high speed lines and I made it worse and let all the magic smoke out poking around without my glasses on.. Another clone at the shop was supposedly having 'issues' and when I opened it up someone had dropped in on the end so hard they jammed the wireless card and ripped the socket for the wireless card right off the board.. I have it at home but it's now USB only, I did end up borrowing an inductor off of the first one since that was broke off too.. At one time or another they seem to act up and not boot up correctly, usually a restore fixes it but I have changed out the SD card and that has resolved it, could have been the card, could have been the connections between the boards since it was dissasembled, contacts cleaned and di-electric grease added as preventative measures. One of my friends has one and the battery voltage measurement is wrong as read from the MDI when connected to a car, but everything else works great, he's learned to ignore it.. lol.. As long as a clone boots up ok I'll program wireless with it all day long.. Fast router does definitely play a part in it I have found out..
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

What is on the SD card ??
What is involved in initializing a new SD card ??

ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Gampy wrote:What is on the SD card ??
What is involved in initializing a new SD card ??
Installing the new card, they're hot glued in place so it's a little bit of a pita with a razor blade. Then press and hold the power button while powering it up until all the lights flash then release.. This forces it into restore mode.. Then you use restore mode within the MDI manager and click restore.. Watch some flashing lights and scrolling progress bars for about 5 minutes and it's done..
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Sorry, but that's just fudged up, why they make shit like that is beyond me, freaking control freaks.