cars: Fg xr, mk1 capri, hb torana

Re: Mk1 capri, plans, complete noob

Post by Chubs0191 »

Sorry I meant the flat pkug must be for the iac
Chubs0191

Post by Chubs0191 »

Hey guys, I have been searching and cant find an answer but im interested in setting up a push button start were you dont need a key or toggle to power on have you guys come across a kit or have any innovations on the idea
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/par ... cheap.html like this push once acc power push twice with braqke pressed car starts push again to turn off pretty cool
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Look on the American web site jegs that hand some keyless push start units on there I think
Chubs0191

Post by Chubs0191 »

VL400 wrote:It was loaded with 12P V111 on both banks of the NVRAM. To confirm the NVRAM is working ok have the bin sw jumper installed so the blue LED is on when the key is on), turn the key off and the LED should stay on for ~2 seconds before turning off.

Have you got the plugin loaded? That is what is used for the detect hardware to ID the ECU as 12P. There is a PDF guide to installing and using it in the post here .. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590

when I turn the ignition off the blue light turns off immediately

I thought I had it sorted out but...
still having trouble
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Sounds like the bank is corrupt :thumbdown: I can reprogram it for you or if you have a programmer can load a new bin yourself. Send me a PM if you want it reprogrammed.

Can also try removing the bin_sw jumper and just use the second bank. Until you have the PC communicating its a good idea to remove the RW jumper. That way can sort out TunerPro and all the software, get a handle on logging etc then install the jumper when your ready to make changes without the risk of unintentionally writing anything.
Chubs0191

Post by Chubs0191 »

Hey guys Ive got the ecm I had for my capri project running a vp manual commo speedo works fine but the ecm is reading road speed at about 10 when im doing 60 is this the ecm estimating road speed or is it reading actual
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if your using $12P you'll probably need to change the PPK value, nv/vp was 1250 and vr was x 5
Chubs0191

Post by Chubs0191 »

will correcting the ppk value enable cruise control to work again? as the ecm won't think it is lower than the minimum road speed?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i know with newer cars i've had they wont enable under 40kms, so that might be your issues!