Bench Wiring Terminology

Ford information and tools can be found here
VX L67 Getrag

Bench Wiring Terminology

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So Bench Wiring a ford controller, but I have seen this terminology elsewhere I believe with various memcal & NVram diagram's.

So all the obvious 1's are Ign, Batt, Ground, Can+, Can-, Data etc...

But what does VPP stand for & what does it want to see?

From my understanding with the issues I've had it needs this powered when trying to access the data on the eeprom, so what sort of power does it want & when?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Bench Wiring Terminology

Post by vlad01 »

I think is the line that set with a high voltage (relatively speaking) during programing.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It depends on the context, but either Voltage programming power ((e)eproms/flash) or Voltage peak to peak (analog wave forms). But essentially a power supply.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ahh cool thanks, yeah it's just got vpp without context, but been told it needs to be 12 to 18v being sent back to the ford controller to allow read/write.

Thanks again
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It's just a bit weird to know when to give the VPP the power, as if you give it power when intializing he controller it fails, but if you give it the power just after confirming the VIN after 3 second switc off to get in to bootloader then it's o.k.?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its probably by design to stop it entering certain modes accidentally. Also its probably supplied to the write pin on the flash chip and > 12v < 18v DC is probably the specification for the flash chip.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah this wire, the hptuners interface is supposed to send the voltage down this wire to pin 13 of the obd port when it wants to write, which is wired to the vpp on the flash chip. had the problem of not having that wire connected on a falcon standalone setup once before.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah seems strange, the hpt dongle must have sent the feed to it the first time you told me about it but yesterday I had to manually send the power back to the pin 39 of controller!