Ford XH ute BCM, whats it good for

Ford information and tools can be found here
VX L67 Getrag

Ford XH ute BCM, whats it good for

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Howdy all,

Had a issue with an XH ute not starting today & found water leaking on the BCM & gave it a hit & all good.

But then just for sh%$'s & giggles I thought I'd put a smartlock disable on the PCM & then remove the BCM & see how everything works with just bridging the starter control through BCM.

I just drove it home & everything works as normal, central locking(no remote for it supplied so not sure there), indicators & even the electric cooling & heater fans.

So what is it really good for, guessing just a security device really.

The AU that I had an issue with a month ago needed the BCM for the cooling fans, but this 1 at least had low speed & pretty sure high speed.
It is a very basic model too without climate control or anything but there is around 40 wires going to the BCM so it must have more stuff that it controls but I just couldn't find what wasn't working!
Gareth

Re: Ford XH ute BCM, whats it good for

Post by Gareth »

In answer to your title - nothing :lol:

I have diagrams for these at work, i can have a look tomorrow if you like.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

In xh Usally the horn, intermittent wipers,timed interior light and of coarse smart lock. The series one did not have a key fob for central lock and In fact the series 1 didn't have central central lock at all unless it was an XR model,so most have a after market kit in them. ( I used to just wire in factory mechanisms and not use the bcm).

So there are bound to be other things but that's all my mind can remember atm :hmm:

Ps the washer also goes through so it turns the wipers on when you press the washers.
Cheers mike.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LMAO that's kind of what I thought, I'll test those other things tomorrow it's a late 98 manual (with firewall being torn out) model!
Last edited by VX L67 Getrag on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Hahaha gotta love those firewalls,might as well mount the clutch cable in Swiss cheese. :lol:
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I know what you mean about the firewall. I think it comes about as the clutch wears out the pedal effort increases and yea what a design.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

http://www.fordmods.com/documents.php?d=89

That should answer any questions you still have
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah firewall may have more stability out of swiss cheese, this 1 had a new clutch a year or so ago & the pedal is even harder with that clutch!
Now with water coming from there or the windscreen now it's getting to the end of it's life.

Thanks for the info Biggyl, for reference everything still worked even horn but the intermittent wipers didn't work but did on 1 or 2 speed but couldn't park properly!