Anyone familiar with the ZF 6HP26 or 28?

Ford information and tools can be found here
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Anyone familiar with the ZF 6HP26 or 28?

Post by Charlescrown »

Have a look at their ball joint history. New joints in 1 year. Doesn't go down well with me. Ford YUCK
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Just look at the maker's history > "ford"
well, there you go.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
slewinson
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

Territory reliability will always be problematic. What do you expect when you stick a high and heavy body onto a falcon platform? Brakes, suspension and autos don't like the added loads!

Simon
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

im not a fan of them because for one I think they look shit but in general I dislike suv type cars, everyone thinks they need them and they are always getting in the way!

there are legit reasons for having them like caravan or other towing, but that's probably 10% of people that own them actually use them!
slewinson
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

Holden202T wrote:im not a fan of them because for one I think they look shit but in general I dislike suv type cars, everyone thinks they need them and they are always getting in the way!

there are legit reasons for having them like caravan or other towing, but that's probably 10% of people that own them actually use them!
Not all of the SUVs look like crap and get in the way - I drove a Lexus RX350 and I would challenge a lot of sedans to keep up through the twisty roads up where I live. Being near the snow, AWD and ground clearance are almost mandatory, and when driving in the city the higher stance is great in traffic.

Horses for courses.

Simon
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah and I totally agree, there are reasons for having them .... in my area its more a status symbol than for a certain requirement .... as for me thinking all the ford territorys look shit ... well that's just personal preference I guess :)
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:yeah and I totally agree, there are reasons for having them .... in my area its more a status symbol than for a certain requirement .... as for me thinking all the ford territorys look shit ... well that's just personal preference I guess :)
I 100% agree with you. All SUV are fugly heaps of crap. :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.