PCMTec Development Blog

Ford information and tools can be found here

Re: PCMTec Development Blog

Post by 8086 »

Hi Rolls,

Are you doing the EOFY discount again? I'd love the workshop edition at the price you were offering it for last FY.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

8086 wrote:Hi Rolls,

Are you doing the EOFY discount again? I'd love the workshop edition at the price you were offering it for last FY.
Only just saw this.

We aren't doing anymore discounts like that, it was just to get a critical mass of workshops as soon as possible so we could start paying ourselves a wage. It is not sustainable to sell it that cheap long term as the support required quickly eats up the $600 in labour.
Last edited by rolls on Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

Id thought about buying, and have looked at your forum for tech info but most of the ford shitters i touch are burnout cars. so i managed to get away with using hpshitters for now.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Old thread, sorry. I can't seem to find this answer on the PCMTec website so I thought I would try here.

I couldn't seem to figure out how many liters a barra engine is so I could register on their forum(security question to prove you are not a bot). Googled barra, ok, which one? Chose 5.4 and no go.

I am in the US and am not familiar with the Australian names of the cars. I think a BA would be the same as a 1999 V-8 mustang that I am preparing to work on here? Not sure.

The demo software looks great and very powerful but it appears I have to buy it first THEN I would be able to plug to a vehicle to see if I can do any programming to it?

I was reading on their forum that they had no support for an 05 USA Mustang. Am I looking at something I can't use here? I plugged into another Ford(supposed to be a 2011, it's in an old truck, swap project) at a buds shop and HPT couldn't read it so I thought maybe I could just buy PCMTec. I hate to buy it and it is of no use.

Any help? This ford stuff is getting frustrating, lol.
jay woo

Post by jay woo »

I have only known barra to refer to the straight six in Australia not the eight. 4 should be the correct answer. It seems to have gained popularity on us you tube channels.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Barra_engine My confusion :lol:

At first I thought the PCMTec was a bit pricey but once the exchange rate is figured, it is quite reasonable.
rolls

Post by rolls »

We have support for the following cars currently.

2002-2016 Ford Falcon/Territory all 4.0, 5.0 and 5.4 models. These are all Australian only vehicles.

We have alpha support for 2015-2020 5.0 Mustangs (beta coming soon). This is global support for EU, AU, US models with F150, ecoboost coming after.

Anything else we don't currently support, if there is high demand (need about 10 tuned a day to consider it) and we can get access to everything we need we can look at adding support for it. Typically takes about 12-18 months per model to add support to the level we have for the Falcon (Custom OS etc). So we need about $250k in revenue minimum to pay for the R&D.

I'll update the answer to accept 5.4 as well, most Aussies think of the 4.0 as thats what 90% of the vehicles tuned with our software are.
peter351

Post by peter351 »

Hi , is it possible to connect to the PCMTec hardware/software to a CAN-Bus Converter Adapter for engine dyno room application ( ie view dyno data against engine data , plus plotting graphs against horspower/torque ?

Say hook_up this unit below

CANalyst-II USB to CAN Analyzer CAN-Bus Converter Adapter Support ZLGCANpro
https://www.amazon.com.au/CANalyst-II-A ... B01H1S1ZQ6
rolls

Post by rolls »

We read data off the bus, we don't broadcast it.
rolls

Post by rolls »

It's been a while but we now have full multi tune support (10 tune slots) variable launch control, user flex fuel etc for the entire 2.3, 5.0,3.7,5.2 15-22 Mustang range, 18+ Ford explorer and the 2.7,3.5,5.0 F150s. Ford focus, fiesta and Mondeo coming soon.

Over 3000 strategies and 900 operating systems defined with up to 32k tables/scalars mapped, 80k DMRs for dstalogging.

Ignition cut, transbrake, flex fuel sensor coming soon. Future goals are external can IO for boost control and other analog inputs.