PCMTec Development Blog

Ford information and tools can be found here
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning

Post by rolls »

MAGP wrote:I've been watching this thread with great interest but haven't commented due to not being able to offer any real assistance. It's now time to say excellent work, you've put in some very hard yards and come up with the goods. I hope your future plans with the business work for you and you are able to build a very loyal user base.
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I hope that we can bring a product to market that is a real value add over the existing products that fills in some of the gaps. We both really enjoy working on this so it is not so much a job as it is a hobby, that means it will never be "done" and we can keep improving and growing the software.
rolls

Re: PCMTec Development Blog

Post by rolls »

Another teaser of the search function that helps you weed through the ~6000 odd ones we have mapped for the BF

decipha
cars: too many

Post by decipha »

excellent job, just offering words of encouragement

I'd be very interested in becoming your first customer lol, I've been dreaming of software just like this for the longest. In fact everything you've done is pretty much exactly as my 'wish-list' was written nearly 10 years ago lol.

If you ever decide to break into the eec 4 and eec 5 crowd let me know. Also, the realtime tuning with the quarterhorse for the older 1983-2004 ecu's as discussed earlier is very simple to implement if you ever decided to.

I'll be keeping up on the progress. Be sure to shoot me a PM or an email when the time comes you decide to offer it.
Decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
rolls

Post by rolls »

decipha wrote:excellent job, just offering words of encouragement

I'd be very interested in becoming your first customer lol, I've been dreaming of software just like this for the longest. In fact everything you've done is pretty much exactly as my 'wish-list' was written nearly 10 years ago lol.

If you ever decide to break into the eec 4 and eec 5 crowd let me know. Also, the realtime tuning with the quarterhorse for the older 1983-2004 ecu's as discussed earlier is very simple to implement if you ever decided to.

I'll be keeping up on the progress. Be sure to shoot me a PM or an email when the time comes you decide to offer it.
Most likely will not venture to the eec 4/5 as the number of people who tune them is quite small, also binary editor etc already support them fairly well. It is also a different PCM which we have not spent any time on to date with. Will also be staying out of the hardware world for the time being as that sucks up too much time we do not have currently.

We will definitely be letting people know on here when we get closer to invite beta stage and bringing more people on.

Thanks for the encouragement!
DarrylC
cars: Ford Territory Turbo
Toyota Hilux

Post by DarrylC »

DarrylC wrote:
Tazzi wrote:Thats mint!! Would love to hear what the XR8 would sound like with that done
Which one BA/BF/FG? It's in the BF/FG not the BA.
Well this is not entirely true and there is hope for the turbo 6 BAs out there. There are a couple of strategies for the FPV that can be installed into some earlier models that give you extra breakpoints for the Spark and Speed Density tables along with a lot more VCT controls (it looks like a precursor to the BF strategies).

Two issues remain to be resolved:
1) MIL light for OIL as the Oil pressure gauge is not installed in the non FPV cars
2) The VCT control seems to be locked, someone suggested the solenoids are wired together

The Oil light issue can be turned off but our Alpha testers are looking at either an aftermarket oil pressure gauge in or using a resistor instead of the oil gauge . It has been reported that the loom has the extra wires in already but someone here may know the answer.

The VCT controls: If anyone has a BA FPV and can log the intake and exhaust cam angles this will help us diagnose the issue and work out what hardware differences there are.

Rolls (highly likely) and I will be attending the Heathcote Drag meeting this weekend. It's the Sydney vs Melbourne Street Outlaws meeting. Looking to see how one of our alpha testers goes with his mega FG Falcon (well over 800rwkw :shh: ).
rolls

Post by rolls »

DarrylC wrote:Rolls (highly likely) and I will be attending the Heathcote Drag meeting this weekend. It's the Sydney vs Melbourne Street Outlaws meeting. Looking to see how one of our alpha testers goes with his mega FG Falcon (well over 800rwkw :shh: ).
Yep if anyone here is going to be there make sure you say hi!
Menicing
cars: ED XR6, T5, FG DOHC Conversion

Post by Menicing »

Just about to start on another engine conversion for myself and just curious to see how its looking for public release :D, planning to give this a try compared to hpt. Also Is this going to be able to do all the current functions of hpt like disable pats, rear o2 sensor, codes etc? I don't want to ask a lot but being able to disable the need for speed input for fg pcm's would be a life saver
rolls

Post by rolls »

Just found this in devexpress
https://documentation.devexpress.com/#W ... ument16118

Basically a drop in "excel" like control. I will eventually add in a "show as spreadsheet" button for tables so you can then easily massage a table using excel formulas and custom things like that all in the program. This will be an extension to basic functionality like +/- and interpolate. The amount of times I've pasted into excel to do something will hopefully make this a useful feature keeping it all in the one program.
Menicing wrote:Just about to start on another engine conversion for myself and just curious to see how its looking for public release :D, planning to give this a try compared to hpt. Also Is this going to be able to do all the current functions of hpt like disable pats, rear o2 sensor, codes etc? I don't want to ask a lot but being able to disable the need for speed input for fg pcm's would be a life saver
Public release is realistically a few months away. It is still in alpha so whilst we have all the parameters SCT/HPT have plus more we are lacking basic features like tune compare, add/subtract of maps etc. Once we get the basic features implemented and things like our website complete we will be doing a public launch.

To answer your question directly, yes individual DTC enable/disable, o2 sensor on/off etc will all be available. Darryl has been working on the DTC stuff as we speak and I believe most of it has been done.

By speed input you mean the VSS source? This can be changed to the BF style, I know its been discussed on the HPT forums and there are a few lurkers here who can do it for you if you are looking to do it asap.
rolls

Post by rolls »

Just knocked this up as a proof of concept. Should make it in the software eventually.

rolls

Post by rolls »

Can download it if you are interested in having a play. Rendered in 3D and is interactive, you can't modify the peaks yet though.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frwtxdrfjkjld ... d.zip?dl=0
Attachments
chart3d.zip
(15.03 MiB) Downloaded 305 times