PCMTec Development Blog

Ford information and tools can be found here
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning

Post by Tazzi »

80gus wrote:
Tazzi wrote:
rolls wrote:Someone on ford mods just reported it will read his ba with a mongoose cable. Obviously fails to save as I have only implemented bf memory size but it proves the read routine and unlock works with a mongoose and a ba.

Someone is already donating a ba pcm so the next big help is does anyone have a eecvi connector/loom or know where I can get one cheap for the Pcms?

Ive got my bench setup wired using pins stuck on the pins and alligator clips stuck on them with the sheaths to stop them shorting. Then I wired a switch between two alligator clips for ignition. It is ugly but it works.
I stripped a couple looms not long ago. So I should have a spare to donate :thumbup:
If Tazi doesn't have any mate i can send one up with that ecu.
Ill go hunting for the BF Ford harness today, Will let you know by end of today if Iv got it in hand :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

Legends, all I really need is just one EEC-VI connector with some length of cable on it, then I can chop and change between PCMs easily.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Do they class the BA controller as an EEC-VI as it is nothing like it's predecessor!
rolls

Post by rolls »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Do they class the BA controller as an EEC-VI as it is nothing like it's predecessor!
The plug on BA-FG is called an EEC-VI plug despite the PCM having nothing to do with the old EEC PCMs, I found it strange as well.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

rolls wrote:
VX L67 Getrag wrote:Do they class the BA controller as an EEC-VI as it is nothing like it's predecessor!
The plug on BA-FG is called an EEC-VI plug despite the PCM having nothing to do with the old EEC PCMs, I found it strange as well.
I was just thinking the old EECs only went to EECV, learn something new everyday.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Yep, Iv got a couple cutoffs here for the required middle plug on the ECU :)

Ill check that non of the pins are damaged (Came from front end crashed vehicles) otherwise I can shoot one of these onto you Rolls!
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
rolls

Post by rolls »

Tazzi wrote:Yep, Iv got a couple cutoffs here for the required middle plug on the ECU :)

Ill check that non of the pins are damaged (Came from front end crashed vehicles) otherwise I can shoot one of these onto you Rolls!
That would be awesome.
rolls

Post by rolls »

Ok so mongoose cable appears to work without any code changes. The mongoose appears to set 24v when I've asked for 18v and the ReadProgrammingVoltage command returns 0v regardless of the actual voltage which is strange but doesn't really matter. I will leave the ReadProgrammingVoltage command disabled by default as if the voltage is low it will simply return SERVICE_NOT_SUPPORTED and fail anyway.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

What does the mongoose set when you request 15v it should work with both situations so long as within 15 to 18v range?

But yeah leaving it out by default may be safest.
rolls

Post by rolls »

Another update. Once I get BA support in the alpha program I won't update it any further.

I'm now concentrating on my GUI for the actual release. I'm using the AvalonDock WPF framework which has a reasonable learning curve so may be a solid month before I get something I'm happy to post screenshots up with. Anyone who is interested can read about it here:
https://avalondock.codeplex.com/
Using this tutorial as a learning aid to make some dummy applications first
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/483 ... Tool-Windo

Still aiming for a Christmas BETA release however I'll definitely be giving some of you guys access to an ALPHA version for testing before this date.

Anyone else who wants to test the current program out with various cables and PCMs send me a PM for a link t to the proof of concept program. Just remember it is an alpha program so I highly recommend you do not use it on customers or other peoples vehicles. Even if it is your own vehicle make sure you have a spare PCM and another flashing method available.
VX L67 Getrag wrote:What does the mongoose set when you request 15v it should work with both situations so long as within 15 to 18v range?

But yeah leaving it out by default may be safest.
It isn't actually me but another guy who is testing it on his cable so I'm not sure. I asked him to try 5v and see what it sets. He said in the drewtech software it also sets 25v (when he asks for 18v) however the read does read back the voltage correctly where as my software does not. Going to get a J2534 log incase they are calling IOCTRL with different parameters to me.

Something else interesting is I managed to get it to work as low as 5v when I tried. So the FEPS trigger might simply be an interlock/permissive and nothing else.

End of the day I don't really need to verify the voltage, if it fails to set the voltage the SecurityAccess routine will fail with SERVICE_NOT_SUPPORTED anyway.