Post by peter351 »

LOL oopsy!! had a suspicious its my old laptop. Once again thank you Rolls

Thanks
DarrylC
cars: Ford Territory Turbo
Toyota Hilux

Re: PCMTec Development Blog

Post by DarrylC »

For those interested PCMTec is working on Custom Tunes see: https://forum.pcmtec.com/index.php?/top ... -early-fg/

This is a very different level of tuning and goes beyond the OEM Calibrator level we currently support. Soon you will be able to do things like:
  1. Gear Based Boost Control for the BA/BF/FG
  2. Change table axis like using VSS or Gear instead of Intake temperature for the Boost and Wastegate tables
  3. Change decision points for things like Open Loop Fuel (make it MAP dependent).
  4. Increase table resolutions
  5. Add custom axis
We think this will change the Ford Falcon tuning landscape forever :driving:

We have been a bit busy so apologies for not updating this thread earlier.
Last edited by DarrylC on Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

Regarding Darryls comment about us being busy he is referring to the next update coming out very shortly. This update includes Table/Axis Interpolation and Smoothing via the table editor. We have also added a VID block editor. This allows changing the speed source etc, we added this after getting numerous inquiries about it in the past month.

As part of the new VID parameters we have further improved the units system and you now have drop down menus and things like Torque requesters are properly labelled. We also have all new icons thanks to our Designer doing a visual revamp.

The tables/scalars now have configurable decimal places as well.

Finally we have also added fully interactive drag/drop 2d graphs of the normalisers/axis tables.

This update will be due out very soon when we finish testing. The following update after this one will include return to stock, value files and tuner lock.
peter351

Post by peter351 »

Hi , with your software , can you deactivate the Ford PATS if a Falcon BA has be locked_out the flashing Hand on the dash ? or is this a flatbed tray truck tow off the ford dealership?

Thanks
rolls

Post by rolls »

peter351 wrote:Hi , with your software , can you deactivate the Ford PATS if a Falcon BA has be locked_out the flashing Hand on the dash ? or is this a flatbed tray truck tow off the ford dealership?

Thanks
If you need a PATS relink you can do this I believe with FORScan, there are people on here who can also do it as well with other software. We can only deactivate PATS with our software (not relink), however you would only do this if you are doing a conversion as it stops the radio/clock modules etc from working. However this may still be useful as it will let you drive the vehicle somewhere else, then you could re-enable PATS to have someone relink the keys for you.

Depending on where you are and what people charge to relink it might be cheaper to buy our software, disable PATS, then drive it to someone who can relink the keys for cheap. I imagine you'd be up for $1k if you towed it to Ford by the time you paid for a truck and everything, our Enthusiast version is $300ex + a VCX nano cable is roughly $110 plus then you can tune the car yourself etc.

What caused it to get locked in the first place, you have lost the keys? Or you have swapped some modules in the vehicle? Depending where you live if you ask nicely someone on here might be willing to drive to yours with the cables/software required to do a relink.
peter351

Post by peter351 »

I did nothing to my car LOL , apart from insert the key into the barrel and the started and stalled made a second attempt stalled again third attempt didn't even crank over and now the flashing hand is constantly on , and yes the start motor is fine.

Why it has locked me out IHNFI!

thanks
rolls

Post by rolls »

You got a scan tool to read the DTC fault codes? Might just be a blown fuse to one of the modules.
peter351

Post by peter351 »

happened this morning about to leave work going to park the car in the yard, checked all fuse ok , Scantool hookup will do it monday, girlfriend is waiting for me and i'm always late! LOL
rolls

Post by rolls »

If you don't have a way to clear the faults can always try the disconnect the battery method. Not sure if that will actually reset anything but worth a shot
rolls

Post by rolls »

Happy to say that I've finally killed my first PCM. I tried all sorts of odd things to see what would kill them but they were always recoverable.

Note to others, don't remove the metal casing off the PCM and let your cat sleep on the PCB for a week, I think the static finally did it in. Sits there trying to unlock and times out every time so I'm guessing its killed the FEPS input some how as it will still read parts of the memory.