PCMTec Development Blog

Ford information and tools can be found here
tcpip

Re: PCMTec Development Blog

Post by tcpip »

DarrylC wrote:tcpip, lots of questions but I will try and answer them in order as best I can. With respect to the VID checksumming and VIN editing that is done. Changing the VIN is a simple edit bit it means you can no longer edit the tune without another license. We are working on factory reset as well. I think HP Tuners might have enough to change the VSS source.

HAER1, yep mapped better than anyone else haha. We have tables for the gear based boost control and even the proper time control on them. Even more exciting is we have fixed the FGX stall up issue and has been proven by one of our Alpha testers (you will see it on Club FG if you are a member).

The calibrations are different, a MK 1 will stall up, a MK II has extra parameters controlling this as well as many other areas. As you mentioned there are some cluster changes as well. Rumor has it there is a VIN number in there.

And changing the config from auto to manual is not just changing the VID block, there are parameters that select the transmission type (auto/manual) as well as how it is controlled. Most people go for a manual factory file and install it. This is also common for fitting other transmissions like powerglides.

ETA, hopefully soon. This week we have been pretty much dedicated to the nuances of the ZF 6 speed, but other stuff like compare and ghost cams are being worked on as well.

PCMTec will support 3 products. Basic for the person tuning their vehicle, Professional for the enthusiast who gets access to all the parameters in something like SCT (ZF tuning included) and Workshop which is OEM level calibration.

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks for the excellent reply - really appreciated! That's great news that pretty much everything I'd be looking for is in the software :thumbup:
I did have a look at HP Tuners but I came to the decision that with the huge range of features this software will eventually bring it's most definitely worth waiting for!

Ah awesome, yeah I'm on Club FG but I've not seen the FG-X you speak of! Might be partly due to me rarely checking FB!

Oh - sounds about right for me to trust IDS lol... I figure then that the FG-X has a different ECU again? or are there more differences out there? (also would you be able to flash a FG-X calibration onto a FGMk2? or a Mk1? - when you said the calibrations are different that makes sense but would you be able to run a mk2 on a mk1 I wonder)

Darn! Conversions these days aren't as easy as just swapping the transmissions anymore! Might be time to convert the Barra to a carby?! (No more worrying about PCMs!!!)
I figure I could just find out the catch code for a manual calibration and turn the PHF into a bin (using rolls software) to use with this software since I don't personally have access to a manual ecu!

Nice - sounds like you've gotten a bunch done since the last update! As long as there's some tasty code out before Feb next year I'll be one happy camper (luckily no rush since I don't have any time off for about a month and a half!)

When you say there's going to be a distinction between Professional and Workshop in regards to which parameters can be accessed - do you have an example of something that you'd only find in the Workshop edition e.g. would they be the tables that you guys only have mapped which SCT/HPT etc etc haven't made? I figure ATM you don't really have a specific idea on prices?

Once again thanks so so much for answering my questions; I'm quite new to the PCM flashing/tuning scene if you'd not guessed! Feel free to reply in your own time as I don't want to take time away from you making this software great! :lol:
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

tcpip wrote:My last question - I'm curious with the licensing - I read somewhere in the thread you were considering doing some form of locking to the strategy? (I ask as there's a few strategies I'd like to try on an FG PCM but not sure how your licensing would permit the flashing of this?)
Thanks for the kind words!

I think Darryl has answered most of the questions. Regarding strategies each one has completely different mapping and each takes a reasonable amount of time and effort from our part, so because of that we will be licensing per vehicle and per strategy.

I'll PM you some more information.
rolls

Post by rolls »

:) Most of you already know this but for those lurking we are slowly adding in all your standard features like maths etc to the alpha. Not much longer hopefully!

Also as Darryl mentioned above we have solved the MKII not being able to stall up off the line and cutting throttle, so now you can bypass the drive train protection at the drags and build boost off the line without resorting to 2 steps and things like that. From what we have been told tuners have been waiting months/years for this from the other companies, only took Darryl a few days!
TehNewbie
cars: FG MK2 XR6 EcoLPI

Post by TehNewbie »

Wondering if something like flex fuel support etc would be possible? Other than that looks like some awesome progress guys!
rolls

Post by rolls »

TehNewbie wrote:Wondering if something like flex fuel support etc would be possible? Other than that looks like some awesome progress guys!
Unlikely. Be very difficult to retrofit the existing code with new logic like that.
lukecomer
cars: fg xr50 turbo

Post by lukecomer »

hi guys just wondering how far away any type of release is going to be out, honestly cant wait to get my hands on it, been following it for a long time now, ordered my openport in august lol
ps amazing work btw guys
rolls

Post by rolls »

lukecomer wrote:hi guys just wondering how far away any type of release is going to be out, honestly cant wait to get my hands on it, been following it for a long time now, ordered my openport in august lol
ps amazing work btw guys
Soon!
DarrylC
cars: Ford Territory Turbo
Toyota Hilux

Post by DarrylC »

lukecomer wrote:hi guys just wondering how far away any type of release is going to be out, honestly cant wait to get my hands on it, been following it for a long time now, ordered my openport in august lol
ps amazing work btw guys
Luke, 1st November is a date to keep and eye on :shh:

Basic and Professional will be released then Workshop around Christmas (might be earlier).

Current activity is the Payments Portal, ZF tuning and a User Guide.

Basic will have all the parameters in something like HP Tuners, Professional will have equivalent to SCT and Workshop is OEM calibration level. All versions have TMAP/Boost sensor, full VCT tables and much more. VIN editing is in Workshop currently and is being tested by our Alpha testers.

159 different strategies covered. Often some of them have many different calibrations. Strategy HACCK has around 60 different factory calibrations.

The FG MK II stall up issue is resolved (we are the only ones who can do this until it is copied out of our software into the others :hmm: ).

Due to some very clever programming by Rolls the GUI makes it super easy to find calibration information. You would have seen this in earlier posts. It has been commented by people that whilst they may have seen some of this data they have never been able to access it so easily. Seriously Rolls is an unbelievable programmer, I have only known 1 better and he won the world computer programming contest ran by MIT in the 90s.

ZF (6HP26) tuning will be available with the Professional and Workshop versions, we are trying to make it coincide with the release but it may lag a little.

You will have to have your own cable and the one we are having the least issues with is the OpenPort 2.0.

Introductory Offer: As a guideline purchasing PCMTec Basic (from us) and an OpenPort (Tactrix) will be around the same price as an XCAL 4 ($600?), Professional and an OpenPort will cost less than HP Tuners VCM Suite. Basic includes the license for one vehicle, Professional has 2 vehicle licenses. Additional licenses can be purchased online.
peter351

Post by peter351 »

DarrylC wrote:
ps amazing work btw guys
Luke, 1st November is a date to keep and eye on :shh:

Basic and Professional will be released then Workshop around Christmas (might be earlier).

Woooooooooooooooooooooo 2 WEEKS!
rolls

Post by rolls »

Only thing that might hold us up is getting the eway approval for the payment portal to go live. Though if we are ready before they are we can always take direct deposit etc. So far it is looking pretty good though, just polishing off the payment/invoicing system as we speak.