PCMTec Development Blog

Ford information and tools can be found here
galapogos01

Re: PCMTec Development Blog

Post by galapogos01 »

rolls wrote:Another item is "canned tunes". We have a provision in place for a tuner to send you a canned tune that you can't edit or view, but you can flash. So if you have a cable there is a cheap flash only license (1/3 the cost credit wise) that will allow you to flash remote tunes from your tuner if you are not interested in editing/tuning yourself. We hope to tie this into a handheld device at a later stage, either phone based or using something like the ngauge etc.
Very curious about this model!
Menicing
cars: ED XR6, T5, FG DOHC Conversion

Post by Menicing »

The main reason I would want to be able to view different files is for comparing tables and such, I've just recently completed a FG engine into EB falcon using a ba pcm and I plan to convert a lot of the tables to be comparable to FG so that the tune matches the engine. Now this isn't so much of a drama as I have a few different files with HPT to look between with and without licences... Where as I don't have that luxury here and would need to rely on others to send me files to look at or as you mentioned send them to you to be unlocked for viewing, at least till I unlocked a few of my own.

Would you at least open a repository with various files so people like myself could look around in them?
DarrylC
cars: Ford Territory Turbo
Toyota Hilux

Post by DarrylC »

Menicing wrote:The main reason I would want to be able to view different files is for comparing tables and such, I've just recently completed a FG engine into EB falcon using a ba pcm and I plan to convert a lot of the tables to be comparable to FG so that the tune matches the engine. Now this isn't so much of a drama as I have a few different files with HPT to look between with and without licences... Where as I don't have that luxury here and would need to rely on others to send me files to look at or as you mentioned send them to you to be unlocked for viewing, at least till I unlocked a few of my own.

Would you at least open a repository with various files so people like myself could look around in them?
Menicing, that is what I have been working on this weekend. You will be able to compare against a repository of factory calibrations or what other PCMtec files have been shared with you.

The compare will allow you to compare against any of the parameters you version has. Basic (Enthusiast) will have about 600 parameters (super set of what HP Tuners has), Professional about 2000 parameters and Workshop has 7,000 - 10,000 depending on strategy.
Menicing

Post by Menicing »

Awesome stuff DarrylC.

The demo idea would also be really good to at least see what options we have available between versions, that way in my case I can see if the basic version is all I need which is most likely. Maybe include a bunch of different stock calibrations with the download and if possible a button to switch between software versions on the fly for easy comparison.
DarrylC
Toyota Hilux

Post by DarrylC »

Release will be soon, unfortunately not today :(

We are waiting on a external party to finish their validation and then it will be all systems go.

We will post up as soon as we can.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Menicing

Post by Menicing »

DarrylC wrote:Release will be soon, unfortunately not today :(

We are waiting on a external party to finish their validation and then it will be all systems go.

We will post up as soon as we can.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I have my money and my cable ready you just say when lol
DarrylC
Toyota Hilux

Post by DarrylC »

Menicing thank you.

The delay means we have brought foward some of the features that were scheduled for after release. ZF edit and compare have been put in, flash will still be post release. Rolls has put in a mechanism so that you can upgrade a template from Professional level calibration to Workshop level calibration. This is done in PCMTec Editor per licensed template and should be in the release.

As soon as the external party gets back to us it will happen.
Menicing

Post by Menicing »

DarrylC wrote:Menicing thank you.

The delay means we have brought foward some of the features that were scheduled for after release. ZF edit and compare have been put in, flash will still be post release. Rolls has put in a mechanism so that you can upgrade a template from Professional level calibration to Workshop level calibration. This is done in PCMTec Editor per licensed template and should be in the release.

No rush but any updates?
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

Menicing wrote:
DarrylC wrote:Menicing thank you.

No rush but any updates?
Just had our verification come through an hour ago so we are doing some more testing today and will not be long!
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

Been a long 14 hour day so we are calling it a night. We are very close, have the Demo version, factory stock file database and payment portal all sorted. We want to do a clean run through our test procedures in the morning with everything ticked off and will let everyone know when it is ready.

Thanks for your patience people!