PCMTec Development Blog

Ford information and tools can be found here
oldtinfords

Re: PCMTec Development Blog

Post by oldtinfords »

80gus wrote:
oldtinfords wrote:I've given them the link. Hopefully someone can help & their PCM's are recoverable
The latest version of hp should pick the vin up up if not the earlier version would allow you to manually type it in, if your stuck I can add a vin for you. The latest version of hp t locks to the particular unit by matching the OS and the vin.
I had a BA Turbo PCM that I was given to disable PATS for a project car that I could never Gather Info or Read. It would occasionally read the VIN correctly then read as "y" or not read a VIN at all. Sometimes it would let me input the VIN but still wouldn't complete the gather info or read functions. It would sometimes give errors.......unknown controllers detected, specify or read again.....Reader upload request: x7F Negative Response Code.......Request Access: 50%.....as well as various other errors.
Fors.can always read the VIN, etc
I'll see if the owner still has it and try again. I'll also see where another mate is up to with his BA he can't read due to VIN "y"
Do you use HP T to add the VIN or something else?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

oldtinfords wrote: I'll see if the owner still has it and try again. I'll also see where another mate is up to with his BA he can't read due to VIN "y"
The funny looking character us this: ÿ

Its the character that displays when the hexadecimal value is 0xFF. I think one of the BA ECUs I have here outputs a bunch of that character since the ECU's response is a bunch of 0xFF's instead of an actual VIN.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
oldtinfords

Post by oldtinfords »

Tazzi wrote:
oldtinfords wrote: I'll see if the owner still has it and try again. I'll also see where another mate is up to with his BA he can't read due to VIN "y"
The funny looking character us this: ÿ

Its the character that displays when the hexadecimal value is 0xFF. I think one of the BA ECUs I have here outputs a bunch of that character since the ECU's response is a bunch of 0xFF's instead of an actual VIN.
Hahaha, that's it: ÿ
rolls
cars: bf xr6t falcon

Post by rolls »

Most BA's have that in the vin segment.
oldtinfords

Post by oldtinfords »

rolls wrote:Most BA's have that in the vin segment.
I've only had 1 out of 7 so far. Do you have a way to get hp t to read/write these PCM's
rolls

Post by rolls »

Update on progress.

Our final private alpha version is due out in the next week or so pending any issues with testing. Have the complete flash write and editing licensing system complete. We can now edit ~159 different HA*** strategies which is far more than SCT or HPT, even oddball things like FG taxis with BA running gear, eco lpg models etc. We have also now mapped the 4 and 5 speed PCM based transmissions with ZF on the horizon. We now have roughly 5000 parameters/maps that you can edit in the FG falcon, we have more available than the OEM calibrators have access to at Ford.

Have spent lots of time trying to make the software as robust as possible which means a large amount of error handling. Things like losing internet connection mid licensing a car, losing obd2 comms or power during a flash write, being able to successfully license and flash a bricked car etc. Ability to merge someone elses files calibration data with your own.

Due to popular demand we have been building a tuner lock system that will allow large workshops to protect their tunes. We are also working on a "value files" system like SCT has where you can export a subset of parameters from a tune to an xml file, then import this to a completely different strategy. Eg you want to disable O2 feedback? Just load your generic O2 feedback disabling value file with sensors disabled and temperatures set out of range. Trying to add as many features that will save you time as a tuner.

Simple things like getting a code signing certificate so we don't have the "unverified publisher" popups and false virus detection took a while to get our correct company details on. Lots of other behind the scenes stuff going on. Have a designer on board now doing our html/css/js front end work, logo and some marketing material.

Here are some screenshots of the latest build.

oldtinfords wrote:
rolls wrote:Most BA's have that in the vin segment.
I've only had 1 out of 7 so far. Do you have a way to get hp t to read/write these PCM's
Sorry only just saw this. Not that I am aware of as they use the VIN for licensing.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Cracking along good stuff man :thumbup:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
oldtinfords

Post by oldtinfords »

Awesome news rolls. Looking forward to the release. What interface is required?
rolls

Post by rolls »

oldtinfords wrote:Awesome news rolls. Looking forward to the release. What interface is required?
Any J2534 compliant cable should work work in theory. We have tested the OpenPort, Mongoose and VCM2 (same as the bosch GM cable) and they all work. OpenPort is about $220 landed which is very cheap and we have found that it is the most robust so far as well.

I've tried a few china clone cables (~$25) and they all fail to flash the car (read back on page 2 and 3 for details). I believe it's due to them using smaller buffers and they all crash/timeout when attempting to write the flash.
galapogos01

Post by galapogos01 »

Top work Rolls & team, I get lots of enquiries about BA+ tuning and keep telling people to hold out for this!

FYI we have local stock of the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0, and ship all orders via next day Express Post. See https://www.tiperformance.com.au/produc ... interface/ if you need one quickly.

Jason